yd100 porting

Andrew1234

Local time
9:45 AM
Does anyone have any experience porting yd100? I would like to know because I'm getting my yd in a couple of days and would like to get the most out of it.

Without going extreme with the work, most port work on a YD tends to be "as good as it gets" with what you have to work with.

Brand/manufacturer/importer can really make a difference as to how good or terrible it gets, but as a whole almost all of them need a lot of work on the exhaust side and a decent amount on the intake side. They also often have squish gaps that can be measured with a ruler, and if you attempt to fix that issue it makes the port situation even worse.

What you can get out of it will somewhat come down to what you start with.

I am not saying the YD100 is bad, mind you, but it isn't the most ideal if power is your ultimate goal. A higher quality 66cc engine is a better starting point, or if you have to have a "100" engine maybe look at the zeda 100 max. If power is what you are after than skip the normal engines all together. Get an engine that has that power out of the box like the Phantom 85 or Avenger 85, or do a Minarelli build.

Treat the yd100 like a starter engine. Same horsepower as the "80" engines, but a little better torque and cooling.

Without going extreme with the work, most port work on a YD tends to be "as good as it gets" with what you have to work with.

Brand/manufacturer/importer can really make a difference as to how good or terrible it gets, but as a whole almost all of them need a lot of work on the exhaust side and a decent amount on the intake side. They also often have squish gaps that can be measured with a ruler, and if you attempt to fix that issue it makes the port situation even worse.

What you can get out of it will somewhat come down to what you start with.

I am not saying the YD100 is bad, mind you, but it isn't the most ideal if power is your ultimate goal. A higher quality 66cc engine is a better starting point, or if you have to have a "100" engine maybe look at the zeda 100 max. If power is what you are after than skip the normal engines all together. Get an engine that has that power out of the box like the Phantom 85 or Avenger 85, or do a Minarelli build.

Treat the yd100 like a starter engine. Same horsepower as the "80" engines, but a little better torque and cooling.
Like I said mine is coming in a couple days I'm just looking for extra torque compared to the regular 66/80cc engines I was just looking for how much material I should remove off the exhaust and intake side.

Like I said mine is coming in a couple days I'm just looking for extra torque compared to the regular 66/80cc engines I was just looking for how much material I should remove off the exhaust and intake side.
There is no set amount. You will have to degree your engine and see what your starting point is. How much depends on what your targets are, but most yd100's seem to need quite a bit of material removed from the roof of the exhaust port.

Back