Yea or Nay: Motorize it?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by kevorocker, Sep 22, 2007.

Motorize it?

Poll closed Sep 29, 2007.
  1. yea

5 vote(s)
  2. nay

4 vote(s)
  1. kevorocker

kevorocker Guest

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

poll wasn't worth answering, since what you really want is discussion, right?

m-a-g-n-a, in my book, spells "no"...every year after christmas i would throw dozens and dozens of broken magnas into the compactor in just about every department store in the st louis area.
  3. kevorocker

kevorocker Guest

yeah that was basically what I was wondering, I coulda been more specific but I'm tired...

These bikes were both free and didn't know if it'd be worth the money
  4. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

:cool:sell the bike, start with a good,reliable frame.
  5. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Just out of curiosity, what are the main reasons for not using this frame?
  6. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

I ask because I have a Wally world Kulana.
  7. aluminum frame too weak to handle the vibrations and high speed of the motorizing.
  8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

even if the material could handle it...POOR worksmanship.
  9. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

10. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Throw a motor on there and ride it 'till it breaks. Then put the motor on another one.
  11. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

I saw a bike the other day that was selling for around $4K. Just how much refineries could be worth that much? I can remember when anything with name shimano on it sold for ten times every one elses price. Now the shimano's are on Wally worlds bikes. I was a tool and die man and I could make darn near every thing on a bike within .002 tolerances and I could even TIG weld solid Carbide and temper it in a kiln so as not to crack it. I just can't see the big differences unless they are made of gold.
    I know the craftsmanship has alot to do with it but 4K for a 2 wheel bike, NO SIR!