You NEED glasses

Blue, the Jesus thing reminded me of the time I rode the rail from Steamboat Springs, Colorado, to Kansas.

Middle of February, with night coming, I tried to find an open boxcar, jumping from car to car.

All of a sudden, I had a premonition, and ducked down.

As I did so, an overpass whooshed by. Bejesus!

Lucky me.

After that, I just stayed, dangling my legs over the front of the boxcar. And waving to the car lights at the rail crossings, trying to keep warm in the February chill.

Five hundred miles later, and sunrise, I jumped off the train.

And had breakfast at the nearest 'spoon; Junction City, Kansas.

Then stuck my thumb out, and continued East, to Boston. 'Nuff of boxcars, and low overpasses.

Nuff of Frisco, and Beserkley, too many orange barrels got to my psyche.

Flower Power was dead.

I usually just buy the cheap foakly's in the mall but I'm seriously looking into actually motorcycle riding glasses because I'm tired of wind getting sucked into my eye and making it water. Tears get really cold really fast while riding!

just some good old Ray Ban sunglasses

on a motor cycle -- moth in my eye once
man oh man -- couldn't see a thing for a long time
hardly even got off the road in one piece !!

my buddy lost one eye
tells me all the time
WEAR SOME KIND OF EYE PROTECTION

close one eye -- take a long look around
it is not that great !!!

Ride That Thing - Mountainman

I have a pair of prescription semi-wrap-around aviator glasses, nice blue-blocker tint to them, and a photoreactive coating - the brighter the sunlight, the darker they get. They cost me $38.00

Check out zennioptical.com

Home Depot - Lowe's, wrap around safety glasses, tint or clear, about $8.

I got the red tinted safety/sunglasses from lowes for driving, they work great while on the motored bike. (It needs a name...) When its dark, I wear the Magid safety glasses from work. You have GOT to cover your eyes, a bug can shorten your stay in this earthly vale of tears, especially if there is traffic.

-Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Clear wrap safety glasses at night (or cloudy day), Italian sunglasses bright days...

June bugs

Split lens tinted flying goggles by day and large clear safety glasses by night. The June bugs here in Texas warrant a full Missile Defense system. Oh, keep mouth closed! :eek:

I went down to Harbor Freight the other day and bought an $8.99 face shield. They type of thing that's used in a shop, for instance.

I cut the little adjuster right at the very back out of it and laid the remaining straps and mounting over my helmet. drilled through in 8 or 10 places and bolted it to the helmet.
Now I have a flip-up, full face shield. There's even a sun visor.

Then I took it right back off the helmet because I look like a Darth Vader wannabe. But that's ok, the weather's not that bad yet.

But when those November rains and December winds come, I'll be ready.
And when it breaks, i can get another one for under 10 bucks.

Very cheap and it will be handy for anyone who doesn't want to let weather get in the way of riding.

Yes you do and speaking of which, what did i find today on the close-out table outside at my local Tru Value hardware but some clear wraparound safety glasses for 2 bucks.

Days are getting shorter and nights cooler in my neck of the woods, these will do fine for the after work rides.

Back