You Trike guys will love this

Discussion in 'Motorized Trikes' started by RdKryton, Apr 2, 2011.

1. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

2. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Wow, it has an engine that runs using a glow plug. So very cool.
  3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I like it!!!!
  4. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Dang, all this time I thought I was innovative. Now I find I've only copied something that was done over 100 years ago.
  5. cargo-master

cargo-master Member

Yea, but can it go 30+ mph? Van, put yours away for a 100 yrs & we'll all oooh & aaah your wonderful creation. c-m
  6. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I don't get it, how does the engine work? is it a steam engine????
  7. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Skyliner: I think it's an early diesel (but I don't really know).
    CM: We'll have to get a ride together this summer. I'd guess mine's a little faster.
  8. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Hate to say it Van, but I think I would prefer to own that taddy than yours. :jester: The hot tube engines were kind of a combination gas and diesel. You had to heat up the tube sticking out until it was glowing inside the combustion chamber to fire the charge, so it was similar to a glow plug engine. The fuel charge was timed like in a diesel, but used the intake valve to do the timing, so it wasn't really a gasoline engine either. Once the engine was running, the hot tube stayed hot from the combustion, again like a glow plug. They usually burned kerosene, so they were like a diesel that way. Sort of a gas, diesel kinda sorta thing. They were the forerunner of the diesel other than the compression ignition thing. Actually kind of a fascinating concept. They would run on almost anything that was liquid and would burn.

Run out of gas, just pick up a few empty Jack bottles, a little after shave, toss in the grease from your Big Mac, and it would get you home.

I will say, the rear wheel steering could be exciting at the speed Vans machine runs at.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011
  9. cargo-master

cargo-master Member

A wonderfully clear & simple explanation. Very educational. Thanks Denny.