You Trike guys will love this

Dang, all this time I thought I was innovative. Now I find I've only copied something that was done over 100 years ago.

Skyliner: I think it's an early diesel (but I don't really know).
CM: We'll have to get a ride together this summer. I'd guess mine's a little faster.

Hate to say it Van, but I think I would prefer to own that taddy than yours. :giggle: The hot tube engines were kind of a combination gas and diesel. You had to heat up the tube sticking out until it was glowing inside the combustion chamber to fire the charge, so it was similar to a glow plug engine. The fuel charge was timed like in a diesel, but used the intake valve to do the timing, so it wasn't really a gasoline engine either. Once the engine was running, the hot tube stayed hot from the combustion, again like a glow plug. They usually burned kerosene, so they were like a diesel that way. Sort of a gas, diesel kinda sorta thing. They were the forerunner of the diesel other than the compression ignition thing. Actually kind of a fascinating concept. They would run on almost anything that was liquid and would burn.

Run out of gas, just pick up a few empty Jack bottles, a little after shave, toss in the grease from your Big Mac, and it would get you home.

I will say, the rear wheel steering could be exciting at the speed Vans machine runs at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back