I'll just leave this here.

Anyone with one?
I feel like I just jumped into the WayBack machine with Mr. Peabody and Sherman.
I just watched that video and something i never noticed way back then...All these kids are barefoot while pulling wheelie stunts on their bikes.
I wonder how many kids did the same with broken ankles, toes, foot bones, resulting ???...lol...Safety was obviously not on the agenda back then...lol...DAMIEN

Does anyone remember the Flexi Flyer? It was basically a sled on wheels. You could tow it with a rope behind a bike and really get going, especially around turns! Bactine and Bandaids ;-)

Does anyone remember the Flexi Flyer? It was basically a sled on wheels. You could tow it with a rope behind a bike and really get going, especially around turns! Bactine and Bandaids ;-)
There are actual versions of this going back to 1923....Here is the 1938 version...They were actually called "Flexy Racer"...They were made by "Flexible Flyer"...DAMIEN

Attachments

• GXYCrWCHrL7hJ2dx2dJ8Kw.jpg
    GXYCrWCHrL7hJ2dx2dJ8Kw.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 143
  • rGMPuWOZngL-vN5minR18g.jpg
    rGMPuWOZngL-vN5minR18g.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 154
  • SDtDsd6WOVQ.2OoAOcvlpg.jpg
    SDtDsd6WOVQ.2OoAOcvlpg.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 152
  • -aptaYvuiArNWSHFQmp0aQ.jpg
    -aptaYvuiArNWSHFQmp0aQ.jpg
    540.3 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Look up "Moon Wagon" ... I had one as a kid, and Holy Crap- the thrills (and accidents) were plenty! The plastic wheels with almost zero traction made it even better. Wouldn't trade my childhood in the 70's for ANY of this giant-mushroom-head-bicycle-helmet stuff that passes as "childhood experiences" today.

Attachments

• MoonWagon_master02.jpg
    MoonWagon_master02.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 146
  • MoonWagon_master.jpg
    MoonWagon_master.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 124
Wouldn't trade my childhood
Neither would i, i was born in 55...As a kid in the early sixties, my brother and i would make our own skateboards and upright scooters back then, using old roller skates for wheels nailed to whatever boards we found to nail them too...You didnt get commercially available stuff like that back then...lots of fun going down the steep hill by our home...no brakes of course...lol...dangerous as hell and yet none of us ever got seriously hurt...Wouldnt trade it for the world...lol...DAMIEN

Last edited:
That video takes me back to the days. I remember my first fish tail board, then my long board. All the casts from broken bones, good times. Kids are Poozazys these days. Little turds rarely even eat worms to impress girls anymore. Probably made it illegal to ride a bike with no shoes. ................................Do kids even ride bikes these days? <___-----_____----____-----____--joke

Back