Le Toy II electric street bike

Bobo- The only vibrations are from the tires and maybe chain movement over the cogs. Other than the tire balance, there aren't really any vibrations that I can actually feel. I can tell you it is a million times smoother than a gas motored bike.

Just for the time being I fitted up a 9c into a BMX rim, with a 16" dual sport moped style tire on it. I thought I had a 16" motorcycle rim here to lace up with a 2 cross pattern, but I couldn't find it. So, radial lace will have to do for now! Dropping the Schumaker drive was just 4 bolts, plus removing the rear wheel. Super easy to put back on when I want.

Plans are to put 18s 10ah lipo or 24s 10ah a123 back on it. Probably lipo since I have them all here ready to go, and they are so much smaller and lighter. Not sure if I will still run a 45a limit on the Xie Chang, or maybe something a bit lower to help my efficiency. Nahh, 45a or more it is :LOL: I will build a wood box that fits up by the headtube, for pack concealment.

This bike is by far my most favorite to ride, even with the heavy *** hub motor. It really boils down to the geometry. It is so **** stable at speed, so comfy going down hills and stairs, and in general it is the right bike for me when I want a bit more than some pedaling exercise. The only thing I could ask for is suspension, but that is a task for another bike and day.

I'm still working on getting you guys a vid. I don't have a video camera anymore.

http://www.holmeshobbies.com/blog/?p=83
l_1600_1200_7B6C16CC-E9E1-4665-AA32-F53C5F4F025C.jpeg

Back