12v lighting & safety system project-an MBc Community Effort

shoot, i was a few lengths behind "beach cruzin" tonight on the dark roads, & he could see where he was going too!!

they're mighty bright, 2 10w wedge-base automotive courtesy-lamps. i wonder how the battery's gonna hold up, tho, so i'm thinking about putting a separate switch on one headlight for day-running. i want to be able to ride around all day, short trips tho, and still have plenty of light to get home after dark.

i just saw your post, stryker...(lol! 1-hour drive from the bar 10-minutes away, that's my style) we ride a lot up here, mostly for fun, but we do get ourselves on the wrong side of the peninsula after sunset way too often.

yes, i really want to integrate solar, but that will be for another month.

eye well done, there are some cool toggle switches, make your bike really cool, mark one of them the ejector seat

well, it seems i have more stuff to vibrate loose now...tail light's blown, rack's coming loose, headlight bulbs won't stay in the sockets. no problem, now i have something to do in the morning.

Just a thought,but would one of them bike generators people toss in favor of that white wire be used to trickle charge your battery during the day and even at night with the lights on,or would the charge be not enough to even bother with? How about two of them generators spinning together? Maybe even more? Just my mind thinking here.

as i mentioned early on, i've already made my choices for this project...your idea has merit, tho, & i'd like to see someone build their own project around it.

i didn't want S-2.1 declared a weapon of mass-distraction, so i decided against the "happy-time" reactor :p:p:p

i have to try to find wattage values for "slyvania" brand bulbs...the local store has 'em but they don't have any wattage printed on the package OR in the catologue...

nope, i didn't overlook a single thing on that site, pete, it rocks!!

but i still sometimes need layman's clarity :rolleyes:

but that's not why i came back to the topic today...
MVC-677F.JPG

not too much heat, but too much for the housings to handle...ok, i'm gonna rig up a coupla low-wattage amber running lights to get by until i snag a coupla sealed beams, which i'll mount in the old housings to keep the look going.

Back