15 below zero.........

I spent my early to mid twenties in a warmer climate.

And if it were only a question of weather, then I'd chuck the frozen north and go back.

But in the bigger picture, I've put down roots here and it feels like home.

There are people up here who enthusiastically embrace winter. they get all charged up for skiing and ATV'ing and ice fishing and such.

The rest of us just bear it.

I spent 19 years on the Canadian border of northern New Hampshire. Coldest day ever was -50 below for about 3 hours. Nothing moved. Seen 30 days where it never got above 0. The plumbers were delighted.
Moved to coastal SC 8 years ago. Culture and climate shock that I am only now getting used to. My blood has also thinned out. I didn't move here to wake up to frozen birdbaths for the last week.
Bluegoatwoods and Graucho,,,,,,SHUT THE ****ED REFRIDGERATOR DOOR!!!

Things are looking up here. Mini heat wave about to start. Temp is now 36 deg F, with an expected high of 48.

I've got a little work to do around the house. Some sanding on the living room floor. Then mop up the dust, take a shower and then take my bike out for a ride for the sheer fun of it.

It's gonna be a Golden Day :)

Tomorrow too, for that matter. Even warmer.

Let's see it's

75 here in Dallas !!!

But the wind is blowing 30-40 MPH
guess I will try to ride that thing sat.

Hats on to all of you very interesting and crazy riders :giggle:

Bluegoat, your plywood leg shield and cargo trailer idea sounds like the opposite of a sailboat. May the wind be at your back. jus' sayn.

I was mostly worried about the windscreen making handling difficult.
that hasn't been much of a problem.

But it is still a bad wind catcher. I suppose there've been times now that the wind was at my back, helping me along.

But when the wind is in my face, it feels like my brakes are half applied.

Back