1st Official MBC/Aussie Run: Adelaide to McLaren Vale Day-Trip.

Discussion in 'Races, Events & Group Rides' started by fetor56, Feb 11, 2008.

1. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

I'm planning an Official MBc Day-Trip to McLaren Vale in late February/early March.It will be starting in Adelaide and proceeding to Darlington then Noarlunga and eventually finishing at McLaren Vale.It will be along known bicycle routes.
    ANY interested party's contact me via PM so we can discuss it further.If your build is not finished please let me know and i'll be happy to help in any way i can.
    Jack.

2. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

G'day Pete....give me a call (82404091) and we'll make arrangements to work on your bike(i'm at Pt Adelaide)............i'll bring my MEGAPHONE shall i to SHOUT orders at you. :)

PS...that worked fine.I went over Pete's place and we have our first(besides me) Official MBc member to go on our Official MBc Adelaide Rally.........whose next?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2008
  3. bolton75

bolton75 Guest

Hi guys

I'll probably have to pass on this particular trip as I'll be going away with my girlfriend around then.

I'm still breaking the engine in as well on my bike only having travelled low Kms at this stage. I don't think the bike will be up for a trip like that so soon. I'm still doing as Warren suggests and not running it for more than half an hour at a time & only doing about 25 km/hr max on it.

Would like to get together though at some point for a ride and to discuss our bikes (what mods etc are good).

4. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

bolton75:
    No problems man...i understand your situation and the offers ALWAYS there.These rides will be happening again.IF your situation changes and u can swing it let me know,but i'll assume it's a "no-go" for this particular time.
    Same as Pete u have my phone number.
    Happy 30 min riding....better still happy 31 min riding. :)

5. rod

rod Guest

Hi Jack
    sounds good i've just changed over to a bmx chain on the motor so if thats still running
    ok i'd be interested early march sounds good to me i know i'll be broke after the clipsal race
    and i need new tyres befor any big rides

6. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

G'day Rod...see how u go with the chain and tyres.I use a KMC K910 Xtreme Freestyle Chain,fits HT sprockets PERFECTLY and their TOUGH,no noticable stretch after 1200Km.I bought 9 from a bike shop at The Port Market(sundays only)
    That shop also sells Maxxis(and other) tyres and their cheap since the guy only trades 1 day/week,as a hobby.
    Anyways i'm getting sidetracked....i'll let u know same as everyone else of the exact date,then u can make a more informed decision.
    Jack.

7. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

just to let y'all know...i will be riding with you...you make sure we stay up to date on happenings, & let us know what the final schedule turns out to be...

i don't care what time it is here, i will be riding with you :cool:

got stickers?

8. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Aug:
    I've got some stickers...Tom was generous like that before but i could always use more,just incase....i'll contact him now.
    I've also got 2 MBc t-shirts so someone can use my spare(size M)
    The only thing that bothers me is my digital camera.It's more Louis XIV so i would ask anyone that comes to bring their camera.Like we all keep saying,Pics Pics Pics.

9. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

To ALL MBc Members in the Solar System.
    ----------------------------------------
    The 1st Official MBc Run,Adelaide to McLaren Vale Day-Trip will be taking place on Wednesday 27/2/08(US date,2/27/08)
    Where all meeting at 10AM(sharp) in FRONT of the Adelaide Zoo....the weather is expected to be fine and mild.
    Once again,if u have a camera remember to take it.
    Any probs or queries please contact me...either by PM or phone(82404091)
    Hope to see u there, :cool:
    Jack.

10. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Big ride tomorrow...today i'll go over a friends place and put a "white wire" lighting system and "blue wire" kill switch on his bike.
    I'll also sign him up to MBc.He's had his PC for 5 yrs but is more of a technological pigmy.I'm posative this friend will have a great deal to contribute to MBc cos he's excellent with bikes & engines.
    Last Sunday i met a guy while buying bicycle parts at a local market...he also had a HT and we got to chatting.It turns out he builds HT's for a living and he's built 25.I've told him about the ride on Wed and he said he'll be there.
    My bike is prepped so if any other members are reading this and intend coming Wednesday please make sure your bike is as reliable as possible....stragglers will be heavily fined,beaten senseless,executed,and then after that we'll start getting tough. ;)
    Hope to see u tomorrow,
    Jack. :)

11. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

have a great time....take lots of pics!!

12. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

13. bolton75

bolton75 Guest

Wish I was coming. But hopefully the next one. Besides only having clocked up around 200km on my bike, the chain tensioner is broken. I went to SA Dirt Bikes today and have ordered the same sort of tensioner you have got on your bike Fetor56. I actually did what Large Filipino did with his chain tensioner but did not find this too safe; I found the chain can come off the jockey wheel a bit too easily for my liking (Large Filipino must have his chain, sprockets etc set up perfectly to have confidence with his setup).

Sorry I digress. Enjoy the day guys and I hope to see you all, compare bikes, exchange ideas etc at another meet sometime in the future. Actually I would have come on my normal pushbike if I was feeling well. Adelaide to McLaren Vale is a nice ride. Unfortunately I've had a cold for the past 24 hours and am still feeling sick.

Seeya

14. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

MVC-085F.JPG
    3:30 here, and we're off and running...

you folks have a great time, stay safe, and post lots of pics!! :cool:

15. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

now that's an excellent show of support for our "down-under" brothers!!

I'm riding the "net" , cause it's cold & windy today.

Have a G'day, all!!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  16. BoltsMissing

BoltsMissing Active Member

Well; the ride went well.

My bike had a few issues, but nothing to hold things up. Learnt heaps of tips and talk was all about the bikes. It was a big test for my bike's new chain tensioner as explained by Large Filipino-Legend...., I forgot I even had a chain tensioner. I'll comment on a few technicalities on the appropiate thread as positive feedback though.

On the way back I ran out of fuel 5 miles from home and peddled. That's OK, that's what makes these bikes unique.

I was stuffed when I got home and went to work on my other bike project to cool down a bit.
    That bike now is nearly ready to go and I'll post on that thread the update sometime later. It started BTW and then it stopped and would not start again. ( got spark/fuel is ok ) It was 1.00 am, so I thought I had better put the bike away till the neighbors are at work tomorrow, then I can work on it again and make as much NOISE as I so freely choose.

So yeah, the run was a special day for me to have been part of history in these times of the world's energy options and to have been part of a new Chapter, with foto's, so one day my great great grandkids will say, "That's him, he was there" !

All the best

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  17. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Downunder Rally

First impressions.....i was pleasantly surprised by the amount of people that turned-out for this rally.These motored bikes hombres take their riding seriously.Only one person had to cancel because his bike had last minute sprocket problems.
    The weather was close to perfect...cool and cloudy.There was a strong breeze on the way there that we could have done without,but it was redeemed by the return journey.HT's love tail-winds,but the motored mid range torque did an admiralble job of dealing with adverse conditions............quite the little torque monster!
    We had lunch at Christies Beach and coffee at McLaren Vale,both enjoyable as was the comradery.Speaking of comradery there were a few minor technical problems but nothing members in the group couldn't easily overcome.Makes u trust these bikes even more when it comes to doing running-repairs on a longer journey,or even cross country run.
    Judging by the look of bewilderment on peoples faces it was an unusual and somewhat unnerving experience to have half a dozen motored bikes power past on their way to an unknown destination.My advice to them is get use to it....please join the club. :grin:
    Opposite Adelaide Zoo 1.JPG
    Opposite Adelaide Zoo 2.JPG
    Christies Beach 1.JPG
    Christies Beach 2.JPG

McLaren Vale.JPG

18. azbill

azbill Active Member

excellent post !!!
    looks like a blast was has by all :D:D:D

19. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

20. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Sounded like a great day it was for all of you, comradery at it finest.
    Hats of to all of you.
    What a great way to help spread the word about MBc and MBs.