1st Official MBC/Aussie Run: Adelaide to McLaren Vale Day-Trip.

WOW!!

MBc-Aussies ROCK!!

major kudos to fetor'...dude, you sure pulled it together...bolts, it's too cool you had such an adventure and still only have good things to say :)

"hello" and "rock on" to whoever else it is rode with y'all...i need names too :oops:

and, what a beauty 6-pk of MotoredBikes!

thank you all...you've officially put the "worldwide" in MBc :cool:

Awesome , Awesome, Awesome:D
That's so cool! who is the stud in that fancy MBc T-shirt?
I bet the sound of 6 motored bikes was priceless.:D
Great job guys!

Today McLaren Vale/Tomorrow The World.

The WORLD as i see it is seperated into 2 destinct groups.......MBc members/potential MBc members yet to be converted.
Here's a whose-who list of each sofar:
David(non converted)
Pete(MBc user name: BoltsMissing)
Jack(MBc user name: fetor56)
George(MBc user name foes 17cc)
Wayne(non converted)
Steven(non converted)

My THANKS to ALL who participated,Northern & Southern Hemisphere. :cool:
Opposite Adelaide Zoo 2.JPG

Woah, now that the adrenalin has dropped a bit, I can think what to say,
Thanks Fetor for the opportunity to have ridden, credit to us all.
Thanks to all who participated and sharing the bike tips, bits and pieces and fixes.
I have laid the bike up for now, it needs some major work on the rear axle and have used parts off it to get the other bike going. Things like clutch handle, lights, seat etc.
One of the bikes on the run had a really cool exhaust and sprocket set up, the guy knew what he was doing and was cool to have gotton some of that knowledge. I hope he can join the forum and share in his own words.

The various chain tensioners was a good test, some were spring loaded, mine was LPL's version and another the standard version. On the day we had no major issues.
We all had tools to get us out of any drama. We all stopped and back tracked if anyone was "missing", but all was cool, mobile fones kept ringin. Mine rang but I never answered it.

My chain did actually fall off on the way home, that was because the back wheel had become so wobbly left to right due to the bearings, it clipped off the link. We found the 3 components to join the chain back on and I nursed it home on the main road till I ran out of fuel.
So be prepared and have those spares.
There was a bit of a near miss with another cyclist coming the other way. It was my fault but fortunately reflexed and swerved to miss and rode up an enbankment in the nick of a split second.
Lesson learnt is to not take the bike tracks for granted and stay on the correct side. It was lucky, it could have been nasty cos it was almost head on. It was really close.

There were other elderly people on electric carts, they have the right to use the tracks to, and some moms with kids walk along across the bike tracks. We did ok and slowed down, sensible stuff, just keept it cool.
Some had dogs, they get confused it seems, but hey, it's a bike track and ya pup gotta learn to deal with it.

Next run I'll have coffee and home made grub of some sort.
Topping up with fuel can be a bit of a drag cos gas stations no longer have 2-Stroke Pre-Mix. I know we used to when I worked in a gas station, but that was ages ago, in the 70's. Hope they can cater for 2-Strokes-on-the-run some day soon again.

Just thought I'd say these last words on that run, the pics look great especially the one out side the Fish & Chip shop, typical Ozzie thinking.
Fish & Chips, Motoredbikes and hope.
These bikes will go almost anywhere, maybe even further !

All the best to all.
Bolts.

Last edited:
My THANKS to ALL who participated,Northern & Southern Hemisphere. :cool:
yaknow...we actually pondered whether we were being corny by synchronizing some ride-time with y'all...we decided we didn't feel corny at all...your event was the talk of the town all day, it was so cool to say to the regular gawkers "and a group of our members in australia are riding together right this minute"...we felt a bond, and it was good :cool: :cool:

ah bumber

hay hay long time no speak its been a while i have been out on a medical holiday just got my bike going again sounds like i missed out on a great ride day bumber . so when is the next one ????

Back