2 piece jug conversion?

GW's Motorized

Local time
1:13 PM
I am just wondering if there ia any good "diy" way to remove the top off a 1 piece and convert to 2 piece. I paid too much for my engines to just try thi gs and see it they work, but I wanna do a cheapish saw build and convert it to a 2 piece jug.

You could do it with a router & router sled & carbide router bits. The key would be your router & router sled setup.

That's a pretty good idea. That is a good way to keep it flat. I don't think I could afford the parts to make a really good sled.

I am just wondering if there ia any good "diy" way to remove the top off a 1 piece and convert to 2 piece. I paid too much for my engines to just try thi gs and see it they work, but I wanna do a cheapish saw build and convert it to a 2 piece jug.
I’m curious why? Converting to 2 piece is going to raise the squish band, which is going to lower compression, if I’m not mistaken?

I’m curious why? Converting to 2 piece is going to raise the squish band, which is going to lower compression, if I’m not mistaken?
It all depends on what the cut was made with, or whether the top was milled off and another head is used.
If the top is sawed off then the blade thickness would probably be more than the gasket.

I've got an Idea. I put a mill bit in the drill press and get a foward and back moving drill press vice. This will allow me to use it to move around and cut it pretty square. I can then det it perfect with sand paper. Does this sound like a good idea?

I'm curious too. Why would you want to do this to a perfectly good one piece cylinder?

Theoretically you could buck the top off with a sawzall and use a T square and a file to square it up followed with sand paper to finish. Or as you suggest a mill bit in a drill press on a sliding table for a make shift milling machine.

Aliexpress probably has what you are looking for relatively cheap.

Sounds like a make work project to me. I thought you had a world of things on the go?

Back