2-Stroke Briggs build... Need SPROCKETS!

Nashville Geoff

Local time
3:42 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My build is progressing along slowly, as time permits. Encluded are some lame pics of what I've gotten together, and a mystery pic of another, er, "motored-bike" I'm building. I've just about rounded up all of the parts needed to complete it. I'm using a 3hp 2-stroke Briggs, rack mounted, with a centrifugal clutch, running to a jackshaft via a #35 chain. From the jackshaft to the dual freewheel hub, 415 chain. I ordered 12guage spokes from Stanton today, and the 5/8 jackshaft kit. The kit comes with 13 & 18 tooth, 35 pitch sprockets. I'm thinking that I need more that an 18 on the jackshaft, coming from the 11 tooth clutch... Using the Ratio Calculator, with the 18, and a ten feeding the final 50 tooth sprocket, nets me 37.8 mph @ 4000 rpm. I'd rather use a larger #35 sprocket on the jackshaft, and a larger 415 drive sprocket, too. I also need a couple feet of #35 chain & a masterlink. Any thoughts on ratios? Who has sprockets available? I'm anticipation having to change up a few times, to dial it in, especially after I get it on the road & start to modify the engine. Thanks for the input. Nashville Geoff

Attachments

• Giant motored-bike 001.jpg
    Giant motored-bike 001.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 321
  • Giant motored-bike 002.jpg
    Giant motored-bike 002.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 323
  • Giant motored-bike 003.jpg
    Giant motored-bike 003.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 336
  • Giant motored-bike 008.jpg
    Giant motored-bike 008.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 320
  • Giant motored-bike 010.jpg
    Giant motored-bike 010.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 355
  • DSC00014.jpg
    DSC00014.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 331
Hi,

We can make sprockets for most any standard chain size....

Happy Holidays!

Andrew

I think that I've gotten what I need for this build from mfgsupply.com, but I've got another engine, a 2-cycle 3hp Tecumseh that I want to configure the drive with a freewheel front derailleur crank. Can you provide any parts for that? Merry Christmas, Nashville Geoff

Back