2 stroke questions

Thanks for the video, I appreciate the time of you finding it. I found another video on the forum of someone drilling there crank to balance it but didn't know about it.
No problem, I made that video a few years ago just to help people see how simple it was to do and seeing helps rather than just trying to explain it.

The next time you are into your engine @Karl Snarl can you take some pics of your timing magnet set up & are you still using a key?
Im using a star washer with a flat washer on top. Then mark where the keyways are in paint marker. Then just figure out how much I wanna go. Nothing perfect and I can't tell you how many degrees . Through trial and error I slowly went back about a key and a 1/4 in width. She runs smooth and winds up nice, no more ring ding idle. Just got back from a bday party, I brought the motorized bikes, gas and *trees*. The magnet trick was the key. An let me tell ya she winds up good now. Nice and perky with not to much heat. Only difference was the pipe was a tad hotter than usual. Which is the timing doing that. She did loose a tiny bit down low but made up for it in mid and top.

Edit: i bend a tab or two in on the washer to go into the magnet keyway.

So looking at this pic I took, do I need to rotate the magnet the way I got yellow arrow pointing? Or the opposite of my yellow arrow.
20211009_200321.jpg

Thanks guys for the help, I've been doing lots of searches reading old threads on tuning & other stuff. You say 5° timing, whats that in movement? like 1½ keys width or less?

Couldn't a guy also slot the armature & rotate it in opposite direction of magnet, to help adjust timing?

Back