4 stroke motor, Centrigual Clutch

Discussion in 'Spare Parts & Tools' started by stowaway, Jul 14, 2007.

1. stowaway

stowaway Guest

Ive got one bike now that is working great. 80cc motor.

I now want to make a cruisy chopper that is legal. which means 30cc motor. (suppose to be 200watt.. but i think ill try get all the power out of a 30cc motor i can get) so not quiet legal.. but very hard to prove otherwise.

Anyhow does anyone know of any places to get 30cc 4 Stroke motors from? preferably in a motored bike kit.

I want my next bike to have a centrigual clutch (however its spelt). And 4 stroke motors are much quieter.. The only ones i have found are mounted behind the seat ontop of the back wheel. and i dont like the look.

2. skyl4rk

skyl4rk Guest

3. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

You can get small 4 stroke weed eaters at Home Depot for under $200. If you like tinkering you might be able to rig something up for under $300.

4. stowaway

stowaway Guest

4 stroke

why do 4 stroke motors always seem to be mounted on the back instead of in the space in the middle of hte bike like the 2 stroke motors?

I just dont like the look of the motor mounted on the rear.
  5. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

6. jimmy

jimmy Guest

Re: 4 stroke

I have the exact same question man. I want my bike to be quiet. I was thinkin Honda GX35 But maybe its because they are bigger??
  7. stowaway

stowaway Guest

4 stroke

I found a 4 stroke engine and kit that mounts in the centre of the bike instead of the back. I am thinking about buyign this one for my next bike.

What does everyone think of :

MBc EDIT: we don't allow links to this guy
  8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

kit looks like a grube "copy", thatsdax wrote a report on one in general discussion...

btw, that seller's a real jerk (i edited out your link, we WON'T send anyone to him) ....since he's offering a copy, it looks like he may have lost his status with grube, the only genuine "starfire" part is the gearbox, a bit of misleading info there, imo.
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

MBc EDIT: we don't want, nor have we asked for, your kind of "help"...take your aggressive and insulting mannerisms down the road

10. stowaway

stowaway Guest

4 Stroke

Do you know any other sellers that offer kits in that mount the 4 stroke motor in the centre of the bike instead of ontop of the back tyre?

This guy is the only one ive found... I can buy a Honda 4 stroke motor.. but i need the kit for it... any help would be much appreciated!
  11. 4-stroke kit

Hi, be careful, the Chinese engine, and the Honda, have different oupput sizes. You cannot interchange without a sleeve (if going up) or machine work (if going down. Please be sure before you buy, Mike
  12. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

operative3...you were BANNED for being a JERK before, we had to write to don grube to get you to leave us alone. you cried to don that we were hurting your business & reputation, AND you threatened (from behind YOUR keyboard) to hack our site...we removed the "letter"...now you're back!!??

you ARE a jerk & i would gladly tell you to your face...get lost and stay lost!!!

this time, it stays! send us one more written threat and it will be forwarded to the authorities :x
  13. stowaway

stowaway Guest

4 stroke.

So does anyone know a good supplier for either Chinese 4 stroke engine + kit or just a kit fro a honda engine.

14. azbill

azbill Active Member

Re: 4 stroke.

try this ebay number in the box at top of page
    at least they have never given us grief (that I am aware of)
    azvinnie bought a 70 kit off them for a welder friend and that went well
  15. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

looks good...it mentions international buyers should contact him before bidding...
  16. azbill

azbill Active Member

just tryin to help
    ...and if it keeps ONE person from dealing with the likes of him, I feel better :D 8)
  17. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

you got that right, why he would want to keep p*ssing us off is beyond me...
  18. stowaway

stowaway Guest

starfire motors

Does anyone have opinion on starfire motors?
  19. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

cause he has nothing better to do, slozer. oh ya, we gave him a bad rep too!!!!! cause we have nothing better to do. "out" l say "out" or off with his head :shock: