49cc is going strong

Hey, make one and try it, you might be surprised. You can make one for less then $3.00. It's basically the labor (about a hour if you need to measure), fitting the intake nipple takes the longest, that brings up the cost. Mine is also down to the cc, not counting the plastic hose. With the luck out of the first two I made, I'll put them on all builds. Some don't get the same results. Just for info, there is NO part of the brass nipple that sticks out into the intake manifold to hinder fuel/air flow. Instructions on how I built mine if desired, upon request.

Ngk B6hs

Simple question of NGK plugs,

So, the B6HS is a good plug for higher outside temps than B5HS?

Glen:cool:

It depends on what your engine needs. The higher the plug number, the colder the plug, so the way you stated it, yes. Your engine will have to tell you if it is needed or not though.
I can say that in all my motorcycles one plug worked in all weather related temperatures.
The specific plug of choice depended on the specific motorcycle though.

I agree with Gearnut. The B6HS is slightly colder. If I were you, I'd stick with it. It's the most suited to these engines.
You could possibly use a B5HS in Winter, but it wouldn't make any real noticeable difference except that it might burn a little cleaner in cold conditions.

RUNS very good, but?

I finally got this 48cc Shyhawk running great, but when I did a plug chop, it really looks like it might be running to lean? The only reason I'm typing about this is because I don't want to hurt motor.

The plug is dry, very light tan (One very small area, I think I even see white). It's on the second notch............Do you think I should take it down another notch to third, or just enjoy it like it is on second?

The only reason I ask, is because I don't want to prematurely hurt a good running situation? 25:1, 4 1/2 tanks, about 250 miles

Glen:D

Last edited:
Yes, lower the clip one notch to raise the needle.
A bit on the rich side is better for these engines. It provides more oil laden fuel to lubricate the cheap bearings used in these kits which need all the help they can get.

VERY AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~ You know what I was thinking? I bet it's just a matter of time till someone,somewhere makes a great quality 2/stroke HT!!!!~

They'll "RULE THE ROOST!"~

PS: But when, and only when you get these little china dreams get settled and going well, they hold there own for that BIG amount of money.

SMILE

Back