66cc engine tear down, setting it for high performance setup

Hi shell!

Thank you!

I used: files with grit: 150, 400, 600, 800, 1200 and finnaly 2000. Its very hard work, but the smooth its excellent. Finally i used my dremel with polish compound, and it gives the shine and mirror finish. Its a little far way from perfection, but the smooth its very nice :)

Another little job i did:
PICT0139.jpg

PICT0140.jpg

PICT0141.jpg

That will improve the combustion flow to the exhaust. Maybe will not notice, but the placebo effect its also a nice thing :D

actually, if the physics behave the way im imagining, it will create less turbulence as the exhaust leaves the cylinder, due to that beaut smooth finish. keep up the great work

SS

Just sand the gasket surface flat and your good to go. It's generally not a good idea to have a radiused surface as your gasket contact point. Too limited a surface for heat transfer is one thing. You also have a large area of dead soft aluminum that they make the gasket from exposesed to the hot gasses and can develop hot spots causeing preignition. I think also they'rd be a prob with the head moving around under heat causing the gasket to fail. The worse effect of that is hot gasses torching or tunneling grooves in either the head or cylinder gasket mating area.

Need a longer bottom bracket, and some "welding",

Maybe will took a picture of the bike to you guys see the project

Back