66cc low on power and running rich

syphonza

Local time
9:48 AM
Hi

I have a 66cc (3 years old) that is running rich, have tried tuning carb, changing and tuning carb makes no difference. Also checked fuel mixture. Any solutions will be gratefully received
thanking you is advance

Hi

I have a 66cc (3 years old) that is running rich, have tried tuning carb, changing and tuning carb makes no difference. Also checked fuel mixture. Any solutions will be gratefully received
thanking you is advance
How did you tune the carb and you say you checked fuel mixture also how? if it was rejetted or the mixture of a/f was altered it would run differently!

tried changing the muffler and by carb tuning we
adjusted the needle settings
tried a new carb
reduced the amount of oil in petrol mix
noting worked

When you say three years old you really mean three years old?

What are the chances that the cylinder finally gave way or something else leading to massive blow by, resulting in very rich plug readings?

It happens to the best of us...

most auto parts stores will loan tools for free - try a compression test on it

I bet its the electrical system. Maybe your mag got wet and your getting inconsistant spark? When I had a similar problem it ended up being a bad mag. Just another idea if the cylinder and rings look fine

I bet its the electrical system. Maybe your mag got wet and your getting inconsistant spark? When I had a similar problem it ended up being a bad mag. Just another idea if the cylinder and rings look fine
Definitely worth a look. A electrical system acting like a hit and miss engine will give the wettest of plugs.

When the last time the engine was started would be nice to know, I know time has a bad rep for simply killing electronics through exposure.

Back