Air leak?

LunchMoney

Local time
9:55 AM
Today i mounted a new carby on my engine, a delorto sha clone from aliexpress. It ran very rich from the start but i thought i could warm it up a little and it could lean out. Was 4 stroking for like 25 minutes but ran good when climbing hills. Got it nice and hot and it was perfect. Decides to stop for a bit and noticed when i pull in the clutch, the idle slowly comes down and the engine dies. Okay, i needed to get gome somehow. So, back on the road. It 4 stroked for like 5 minutes and started to run amazing. Saw a straight road and decided to test the max speed. Got to about 50km/ph and suddenly the engine started to stop on it's own.
Is it an air leak? I know it is definitely not near the intake. Can air leak to the engine thru the exhaust connection?

Doesn’t sound like an air leak, it sounds like fuel starvation. At wide open it sound like the bowl is running out of fuel. I know it’s no comparison but I had a GTO with three two barrels that did the same, a electric fuel pump cured it, more fuel should help yours.

Yeah, i know this jet is crazy rich, i'll set it smaller, but why does it not idle after getting upt to operating temps and why does it starve fuel? The vent is okay

Back