Another Oregon Noob here

123Bob -
I, too, am new to this stuff, but I have ordered the Robin-Subaru 33.5 with the outside gears, and complete new "big" wheel from Staton. It sure takes David a long time to get it shipped! I think he must do it all himself!
I even got a new bike to put the stuff on so I wouldnt have to use my regular bike! Got the Schwinn 26" mens "comfort" from Costco. Got a Mongoose 250 rx first, but the frame didnt have the mounting holes on the right-hand side.
I emailed David today to get the shipping info, and when I start doing the build, I'll let you know. Let me know how your progress is.
btw, is there a Portland-area "Motorized Bicycle Club"? If not, perhaps it would be a good time to start one!
Since I havent used forums much, when i learn how to email direct, perhaps we can touch bases and coord the fun with these 200+ mpg "toys!" lol
Ciao
Rivertramp
(Real: Neil)

Rivertramp, (Neil)

I'm finding out the Oregon/SW Washington contingent of this forum is not at all small. I've been communicating with folks from all over the our area on this. Just check out the link from "augidog". Pretty impressive stuff.... I will try to make the gathering just to see all the machines.

I will certainly let you know how this build goes. I plan on plenty of start-to-finish pics on the Raleigh bike I'm going to use. Sounds like you are doing the external non-nuvinci kit? I really struggled with the choices until I actually talked to David at Stanton. With the hills here, I figure the extreme gearing the NuVinci offered was to good to pass up.

Let me know how your build goes....

As far as the day job goes, and to show how a lot of folks are thinking about this subject now, I'm a Staff Electrical Engineer "temporarily" working for Motorola (Yeah, 20 years worth now and counting....). I happened to be talking to one of my peers here in SW Washington and he is doing the GEBE Robin kit. We will be getting together to try them all out side-by-side. Probably with full engineering analysis, if I know us....:eek:

We can connect, and add your pony to the mix if you wish. The PM system here works like it does in the other forums that use this engine.. We can exchange email and addys there at some point. I'm in Canby, just SE of Portland. My "real" name is actually Bob!! How about that...:D

Regards,
Bob

123Bob
I retired from Clackamas Co. and am VERY familiar with Canby! worked at sheriffs office 25 yrs. sorta like jail or the army: serve your time and get out! :)
I havent received the kit from David yet, but hope to get it this week while my wife's in Texas (ladies week out!)
When it arrives, I'll start posting pics of my progress. I'm sure it's not just a 20 minute mount - out of the box! The bike tech at GI Joes (I-5 and Boones Ferry) will set up the wheel and hub for me, $10 !! I think he just wants to ride/drive it when its finished!
Regards
Neil

Funny, I was just at the GI Joe's at Boones Ferry yesterday. Picked up my helmet in preparation for this adventure. I put lights and a speedo on two days ago. ....Now all I'm waiting for is the kit to arrive! I'm really looking forward to this. I feel like a kid with a mini-bike..:D

Regards,
Bob

Back