Any chance of getting an engine in here?

Discussion in 'Frame Mounted Engines' started by yaobeili, May 3, 2016.

1. yaobeili

yaobeili New Member

Got a new bike yesterday for about $40. Any chance of fitting an engine? I don't think so because the top tube is so low, but I want to get a second opinion.

2. skyash

skyash Active Member

On the pack rack. Nothing will fit in the frame.
  3. sully1617

sully1617 Guest

only if you put it on the bike rack and direct drive it to the rear wheel. i believe those set ups are 4 cycle also.
  4. yaobeili

yaobeili New Member

Yeah, that's what I figured, but I don't wanna lose the rear seat for a passenger. What about a side-mounted engine?
  5. skyash

skyash Active Member

Yeah I don't see y not. But I think thay are like 33cc. Or you could go electric.
  6. yaobeili

yaobeili New Member

What are my options for a side mount or electric engine? The batteries would have to go on the rack, huh?
  7. skyash

skyash Active Member

Iam not shor on those kit my self. But the battery can go in the fram. Or get a different bike put the pack rack on it
  8. yaobeili

yaobeili New Member

Problem is, I don't wanna lose the rack seat.
  9. skyash

skyash Active Member

Doesn't it un bolt? To put on another bike. Thats the best bet.
  10. jheld

jheld Guest

move the back seat back and put it under the main seat.
  11. 45u

45u Active Member

You can put a motor in anything if you do enough cutting and welding.
    Doug Foster likes this.
  12. AquaManAndy

AquaManAndy New Member

You could get a golden eagle kit and move/lean it back behind the seat rack you have, and if you wanna 2X the pep in the engine get another one to mount on the front wheel. The small 4 stroke engines enough HP for 1 person but if your trying to carry a passenger you might want to double your HP with a second engine unless you are willing to compensate with peddling.
  13. butre

butre Well-Known Member

electric hub motors with battery packs in the frame (where a 2 stroke kit would go) should do you well
    marshall johnson likes this.
  14. KB_UK

KB_UK Member

2 weeks late but anyway - your best bet would be a vintage motor that fits under the bottom frame tube, next to the bottom bracket. Either that or another type of vintage motor called a Winged Wheel or Cyclemaster - these are hub engines so you'd need the back wheel rebuilding around it.
  15. wagel

wagel New Member

maybe you could fit one on top of the top tube? might be a bit close to the cojones..