Anyone else ride a pedal bike as well as a motored bike?

Do you keep a pedal bike on hand as well?

• I don't keep a pedal bike around

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Yes. I ride it more than the motored bike

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Yes. I ride it less than the motored bike.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Yes. It's about 50-50

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bluegoatwoods

Local time
12:23 PM
I've always been a pedal biker. I've only been a motored biker for a bit over a year. It's a great deal of fun and very useful. But I still ride the pedal bike more than the motor.

My motored bike has evolved into my bad weather machine mostly. For instance, I'll ride the motor if I'm certain of steady or heavy rain. Pedaling in a rain suit is no fun at all.

I'll also often use the motored bike if I need to haul a heavy load. But not always; maybe half the time I haul the heavy loads with the pedal bike. It's good exercise, after all.

Any other pedalers out there?

I'm a peddler exclusively right now... but working on becoming an MBer. Thanks to the helpful people on the Forum (in particular Sirjakesus), I may be on my way sooner than I thought... :)

Oh yes and my guess in the minority, long time cyclist with age catching up I see the day when I'm gonna need a little help. lol

We don't own a car but between my wife and myself we've got 9 bikes right now from smooth running roadies to mountain downhillers. 3 of those I've tinkered with motorizing in some fashion or other for myself, swapping around different setups. She is not that interested in the motor thing (yet lol) and still logs over a 100 miles a week on the road.

But yeah, having been a cyclist has really been behind my reasoning and personal preference for wanting quiet, lighweight, unobtrusive power assist that detracts little from the original functionality of the bike. If and when electric gets there, within budget, I'll probably go that way.

Last edited:
That's cool, Happy Valley.

I wish my wife was into bicycling. I've never had much success with that. Though I recently bought her a bike (again....) and she's showing a little bit of interest. Maybe more than attempts in the past. Wish me luck.

By the way, I've always liked your signature line. I like Wells anyway and that quote is particularly intelligent.

"War of the Worlds" is one of the novels on my book shelf. I still read it every now and then and it still frightens me.

Yesterday my 50cc HT packed it in--so i removed all the parts and pedal it .its a cruiser and has 7 speeds it pedals wonderfully-- now i have to save for an engine--i have 7 bikes and have done long distance camping trips on bikes--feels great to pedal --you get out of shape so fast !!

I bought a used $100 dual-suspension bike with intentions of replacing the girlie cruiser frame from "The Dragon Lady". For now I ride it downhill to nearby McD's. Other times I stick it in the van if I take it to work. Then if I need to park far from the office I ride my ds bike for the distance.

I also leave my "lunch bike" at work. Originally intended to ride to fast food restaurants, instead I ride it for an hour's exercise when time permits at noon.:unsure:

And of course I commute daily with "The Dragon Lady", but I get my real exercise from my "lunch bike".:giggle:

the idea is to get some exercise. :rolleyes: hence, I have both a hard tail and full suspension MTB's. I don't have a MBc just yet, but plan to remedy that real soon. Of course, the MBc is for fun!

Back