anything but a happytime

So back to the issue at hand.

About the best frame mount that I can think of that is available is pretty much what I have (call me biased).

The Grubee gearbox (now Stage III) with its mounting kit with the Honda GXH50 engine. It takes work to get it set up well (believe me), but once set up- I'll put my reliability and speed up against any rack mount with the same engine.

I don't have anything to apologize for with this setup. Takes more work to get right, but frankly, someone who is not interested in tinkering is better served by a scooter anyway.

So back to the issue at hand.

About the best frame mount that I can think of that is available is pretty much what I have (call me biased).

The Grubee gearbox (now Stage III) with its mounting kit with the Honda GXH50 engine. It takes work to get it set up well (believe me), but once set up- I'll put my reliability and speed up against any rack mount with the same engine.

I don't have anything to apologize for with this setup. Takes more work to get right, but frankly, someone who is not interested in tinkering is better served by a scooter anyway.

Post of the year material.

but frankly, someone who is not interested in tinkering is better served by a scooter anyway.

That pretty much sums it up! I love the happy time engine, because I have learnt so much from it, and I enjoy tinkering and re engineering it too! I see the happy time kit as a bog standard base, from which you build upon and make it your own. I like the look of a frame mount so much more than rack mounts. But at the moment there is very little choice in the form of good quality frame mount engines kits. I would say for 4 stroke its definetely the Honda GX50 setup that Houghmade is talking about, and for 2 stroke then the Starfire gen II happy time: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/211252736/New_StarFire_Gen_II_bike_engine.html

But overall I believe the Honda GX50 is the best quality frame mount.

Fastboy

my only gripe about my HT (as it is now after many kms of riding) is the fuel consumption and the leaky gas tank. 100MPG city cycle isnt exactly brilliant (68kg person and fuel efficient 31T sprocket).

Is the better reputation of the Starfire GenII based on actual user experience?.Just what gives?.Any output power info?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back