Are buyers getting more interested in BETTER quality kits ??

i think it would behoove us all if a copy of this thread were sent to all suppliers of kits for our hobby, including the chinese suppliers. it would show our interest, some times deep thought, about motored bikes. they might besides making money, consider giving us better products and service after purchase.

I think the Chinese manufacturers are no different than domestic manufacturers in that some see the light in continually upgrading and improving to offer a quality product, while others simply push as much volume out the door as they can with little regard for long term customer satisfaction.

I've already cancelled my car insurance for the summer, saving me $75/month, so even if the HT motor only lasts until fall, it will have paid for itself by then in insurance savings alone. I'll likely be putting about 40-50 miles on it per week, so I doubt that will be a stretch to achieve.

I think the reality of it is that many who are willing to purchase a HT kit and install it are of the tinkering variety and prepared to deal with a few hiccups. Those who would rather purchase a complete motored bike however would probably do better for themselves to simply get a road legal scooter with the support of a local parts and service center for that brand. I look at the rack mounted 4-strokes as the choice for the in-between types who really need the reliability it provides, aren't afraid to break out the tool kit if necessary, but don't want to be re-engineering anything just to keep it all together.

One word.... GEBE

I just put my first 100 miles on my GEBE Tanaka 32cc and it is flawless. The kit was really easy to install. 30 MPH- a smooth steady ride and starts on the 2nd pull always.

I have it on a Walmart $299 Mongoose bike. It has full suspension and dual disc brakes. It really does ride like a motorcycle : )

They can be upgraded to reasonably high quality, or to be reliable for a good few thousand miles anyway, but you can't get anything really high quality nowerdays. You want to see quality look at an old villiers engine.

BSA

Back