Crashes Back from Christmas hospital vacation...WEAR That Helmet

Arceeguy..thanks, just getting out of that hospital is the first step to any kind of recovery at all..24 days of fun...shoulder, ribs ,and collarbone need a little more rest , and this dizzy head needs to go away before I take the front of the bike apart, front wheel is locked up and looks like a bent up pretzal..side pull brake on front bent with wheel or locked up wheel itself..bars are twisted off center about 45degrees , either from hitting me in the side ribs or impact with ground..full brim boonie hat I had on hadlelbars moght have slipped off and down into space between brake and wheel..Do not remember any thing: goin down, ambulance ride, or most of the time in the hospital . headset parts or forks might have just given up ..I figure out what happened when I take a good look at it....Stay warm and dry up there..Tedd

better

well you can always get another bike,ya sound pretty good:eek:....maybe when yer feelin up to it,twood be nice to see what happened?take care,and heal up.i was in the hospital for a heart attack this year not very much fun especially being my age?sometimes the smallest things get ya,i had a platelete let go,and lucky i was young and in decent shape.

oh ****, im sorry to hear that man, wish you luck in recovering , and i feel your pain, because about 4 weeks ago i was riding a 1977 xl100, tuning it up for a friend, when a stick got caught in the gear shifter, stupd me went to pull it out and my left hand ring finger went throught the front sprocket and cut the top of my finger off,( bone sticking out and lots of flesh and blood lol, i spent 3 days in hospital and i was sick of it majorly , but that was only 3 days,i really cant imagine 24 days, oh man it makes me feel sick just thinking about the **** hospital again, once again good luck and you too aussie steve

p.s i suppose when you are 14 you are pretty impatient( no one else pick on me because im so young, because i happen to be one of the most mechanical minded and talented( towards mechanical stuff atleast) 14yr old around my suburb for that matter lol

Stan4d Thankyou , it was nice to have Christmas dinner with the family sitting at the table rather than having it through tubes from bottles hanging next to my bed....Juliman..this MB crash was 1 year ago on Dec 12..took me 10 months to recover........OK now except for some dizziness/ equilibrium problems....have had a lot of accidents,crashes, broken bones, concussions ,over 100 stitches, bla ,bla, bla, but..TBI (traumatic brain injury) is a different ball game. I am thankful to be alive and functional ...can not ride 2 wheel motorcycles or motorbikes any more but I am working on motorizing the recumbent tadpole trike I bought...As for me I do wear a helmet every time I ride now

Stan4d Thankyou , it was nice to have Christmas dinner with the family sitting at the table rather than having it through tubes from bottles hanging next to my bed....Juliman..this MB crash was 1 year ago on Dec 12..took me 10 months to recover........OK now except for some dizziness/ equilibrium problems....have had a lot of accidents,crashes, broken bones, concussions ,over 100 stitches, bla ,bla, bla, but..TBI (traumatic brain injury) is a different ball game. I am thankful to be alive and functional ...can not ride 2 wheel motorcycles or motorbikes any more but I am working on motorizing the recumbent tadpole trike I bought...As for me I do wear a helmet every time I ride now

Woah, didn't realize it had that permanent effects.....can't ride a two wheeler...that sucks. Sorry to hear that man.

Well these tadpole recumbent tadpole trikes ( two wheels in front ) and close to the ground are a blast to ride ,fast and turn on a dime...plan to cut and lengthen it..set up similar to what Alaskavan built or just build another one from scratch maybe using one of Simple Simons frame designs....will build it out of steel or crome molly square tubing and use heavy duty rims and 12 gauge spokes..would like small 4 stroke behind the seat

Well these tadpole recumbent tadpole trikes ( two wheels in front ) and close to the ground are a blast to ride ,fast and turn on a dime...plan to cut and lengthen it..set up similar to what Alaskavan built or just build another one from scratch maybe using one of Simple Simons frame designs....will build it out of steel or crome molly square tubing and use heavy duty rims and 12 gauge spokes..would like small 4 stroke behind the seat

Yeah, they are. I've driven Vans....quite the nice rig.

Ted, I'd be glad to update any of the design pics I've posted for you, and forward measured drawings via e-mail, if you'd like.

I'm not making nearly as much progress as I'd like with my own build, due to health issues that are nearly immobilizing me. I expect to go into hospital at mid-month for abdominal surgery, and have no clue how long recovery from that will take. Right now, I can stand for maybe 5 minutes at a go, and would be hard pressed to walk a hundred yards.

Back