Back to pedal power or foot power

And when you do get caught and get into trouble for running illegal, "NO WHINNING " !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
well around here that wouldnt happen because they dont go by cc's And if your speeding theyre gonna give you a ticket for that not a hopped up bike

If you reside in the state of New York, maybe you need to research the laws there a little better. Here's what I found, and according to it, and like other New Yorkers I've heard from, mopeds are illegal in that state period. That being said and true, then you might as well put the biggest baddest motor you can find for your bicycle. Cause like you said, they're not going to go by motor size. I doubt any state allows more than 50cc.

Motorized Scooters, Mini-Bikes, Dirt Bikes, Go-Karts, Motor Assisted Bicycles
You cannot register any of the motorized devices from the list below in NYS. You cannot operate these devices on sidewalks, public streets or highways in NYS. These devices are motor vehicles, but they do not have the correct equipment or design for operation on roadways.
Motorized Scooter - a device with a motor attached and a handlebar for a standing rider. An example of a motorized scooter is the device called the Go-ped®.
Mini-bike - a small, motorized device with two wheels and created for off-road use. A mini-bike does not qualify as a moped, a motorcycle or an ATV.
Dirt Bike - a motorized device like a motorcycle, but created for and used for off-road use. Some "dirt bikes" qualify as an ATV. These vehicles can register and operate off-road as an ATV.
Go-Kart - a small, motorized device with four wheels, created for off-road use. You cannot register a go-kart as a motor vehicle or ATV because a go-kart does not have the same equipment.
Motor-assisted Bicycle - a bicycle to which a small motor is attached. A motor-assisted bicycle does not qualify for a registration as a motorcycle, moped or ATV and does not have the same equipment.
These devices are not allowed on any street, highway, parking lot, sidewalk or other area that allows public motor vehicle traffic. You are subject to arrest if you operate one of these motorized vehicles and do not have a registration, driver license, inspection, insurance or correct equipment. The DMV can not provide any information about operation of these devices on private property. Contact the local authorities and property owners.

Last edited:
O.K. I obviously misquoted. I should have said motorized bicycles, but what I read on line and what I copied and posted word for word plainly states that motorized bicycles ar illegal in New York. I have never been in that state and am by no means an authority. Was just merely trying to help out. Either way, it doesn't effect me. I just hate it when people knowingly break laws and whine and turn into cry babies when they get caught and into trouble.

I like my motorized bikes but i to would love to have a actuall moped it is a lot easier to deal with than these motorized bicycles i wanna go out of town with them but im afraid i'll regret it I"m getting half way decent reliability out of them for the most part but im still hesitant about it and if i went some where that would be the time it would tear up i know thats what a tool kit is for but im fraid it will break frame or rim and half to walk miles and my ankle wont let me walk like i want to i got steel pins that agervate my ankles and they are cheap china junk motors also i got a 66cc and a 48cc motor and the 66 is the most reliable motor i got its on a good heavy steel cruiser style frame it looks like the cranbrook frame but a lot better made frame

here the bike in question it is one heavy bike even with out a motor it weight a 150 lbs with the motor on it and heavy duty rims and tires and tubes

Attachments

• my motorbike.jpg
    my motorbike.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 203
Hey! Dear, i think if we go back to those days were bicycles were mode of transport then it will be good for each and everyone. but of electric/gas driven and fuel driven motorcycles. I find the electric/gas motorcycles are best. Here i agree with professor that a little up gradation will work.
http://ridingontoys.com/

Last edited:
here the bike in question it is one heavy bike even with out a motor it weight a 150 lbs with the motor on it and heavy duty rims and tires and tubes

Good God, man... is the frame full of lead? I can not see how it is possible for that to weigh 150:confused:

150lbs!! That must be a bear to pedal, you don't even had a multi gear range like mtn bikes! I couldn't imagine being stranded miles away from home.

Did you mean 50lbs by accident??

Back