Belt drive 2 stroke

it holds the clutch actuator arm but dont see why you cant use a longer pin and put spacers in there to make more room

Don't forget you need to put a pulley on the back wheel too, get a giant belt the exact right size, and keep everything tight enough to take the stress of bump starting.

Something considerably more useful but equally challenging to do to your drive train is eliminate the left side drive all together with a $140 shift kit.
http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalo...ducts_id=28&osCsid=kteejeo1loh70i10ikf1475ij2

2_GT2-GT5-2sFrontLeft1280.jpg

2_GT2-GT5-2sRight1280.jpg

Poping wheelies and doing 40+MPH is a far better drive system change to me is all, as gears change everything.
As a bonus you also get a freewheeling drive train so no engine drag coasting.

Something to consider before you spend money on a seaming useless drive train change to me is all ;-}

Last edited:
Both the 4G and shift kits use a jack shaft, you could do the same on the 2 stroke. Run a notched belt to the right size pulley then,then from there Belt.chain or shift kit.........Curt

Both the 4G and shift kits use a jack shaft, you could do the same on the 2 stroke. Run a notched belt to the right size pulley then,then from there Belt.chain or shift kit.........Curt
But the question still remains, why?
If it's just a hobby bike to try it for the giggles and grins cool, have fun, innovation is always cool, especially if it serves a need or otherwise makes you happy so I don't mean to discourage you ;-}

My innovations come more from 'how can I make this better?' is all.
For example the 4G for a 4-stroke doesn't need a shift kit now...
I turn it into a 10G KCK long shaft with a right side output to bypass a jackshaft with a longer shaft so their is only 2 chains.

2_RedGT2doneR.jpg

My point here Zip is you seem to be a really creative guy that just needs a direction so I gave you some examples, hope it helps ;-}

But the question still remains, why?
If it's just a hobby bike to try it for the giggles and grins cool, have fun, innovation is always cool, especially if it serves a need or otherwise makes you happy so I don't mean to discourage you ;-}

My innovations come more from 'how can I make this better?' is all.
For example the 4G for a 4-stroke doesn't need a shift kit now...
I turn it into a 10G KCK long shaft with a right side output to bypass a jackshaft with a longer shaft so their is only 2 chains.

2_RedGT2doneR.jpg

My point here Zip is you seem to be a really creative guy that just needs a direction so I gave you some examples, hope it helps ;-}
I just enjoy messing around really , that looks sweet and i always like more info about stuff every little helps !

That pulley looks like something made for an A/C or evap cooler blower motor. It appears to use an old style automotive V belt, which is not suitable for driving a bicycle with. I would just toss the 2 stroke and get a 4 stroke. They are way quieter, more reliable, better made, and will last 10 times longer than a Chinese 2 stroke.

I just enjoy messing around really , that looks sweet and i always like more info about stuff every little helps !
We share that enjoyment (or bitter disappointment) of just trying new things for the fun of it, I have a 'box of shame' I keep some of my failures in ;-}

Back