Bending frames?

James98189741

Local time
2:15 PM
How do I prevent my 2 stroke from bending Walmart beach cruisers? When this happens the bike tends to push me to the right and I feel real wobbly. The faster I go the more it seems to push me.?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230314-160538.png
    Screenshot_20230314-160538.png
    925.3 KB · Views: 109
How do I prevent my 2 stroke from bending Walmart beach cruisers? When this happens the bike tends to push me to the right and I feel real wobbly. The faster I go the more it seems to push me.?
Could you throw up a few more pics other than that close up so we can see these frame "bendings" in context with the bike in its totality???

Buy a better frame.
I don't mean that in a snarky way either. Walmart bike frame = super thin and weak steel. It bends and breaks easy. @DAMIEN1307 has one exception to the rule, which is rhe Hyper cruiser. They are pretty tough frames and the bike itself isn't even that expensive. Currently showing on their website for about $150.

I speak from a bit of experience. My first ever build back in 2014 was on a semi-cheap 7 speed Walmart schwinn cruiser. I had to buy a new frame within about a year because I found evidence of stress in the tubing in a few spots, and a crack in the top tube weld at the headset. I ended up spending a couple hundred dollars on a Huffy cruiser from a bike shop and it was much more heavy duty and held up for a few years before I sold it.
Starting with a solid frame is critical. Everything else on a bike can be changed or upgraded easily.

I speak from a bit of experience. My first ever build back in 2014 was on a semi-cheap 7 speed Walmart schwinn cruiser. I had to buy a new frame within about a year because I found evidence of stress in the tubing in a few spots, and a crack in the top tube weld at the headset. I ended up spending a couple hundred dollars on a Huffy cruiser from a bike shop and it was much more heavy duty and held up for a few years before I sold it.
Starting with a solid frame is critical. Everything else on a bike can be changed or upgraded easily.
Older Huffy or newer? 60's/70's? Couple of hundred sounds like a lot for a Huffy, curious.

I'm looking at this frame on my local craigslist.
View attachment 189264
At a buck & a half, NO. For a MB all there that is any good is the frame handle bars and rubber, might be able to us front wheel too.
The rubber might even be iffy depends on the maker.

The forks and rear coast brake wheel has to go, can't really tell what's going on with the crank.

One of these days I'll get an old Murray cruiser frame or something similar to swap my engine into or just build another bike. My frame seems to be holding up, but that can always change
Too bad you are in Oregon. I got one and am not sure what to do with it.

Attachments

• murraydone1.jpg
    murraydone1.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 78
Back