Best horn ever!

Most awesome. I think i will try that setup myself, I already have a 7.5 AH 12v battery for my headlight, so all I'd need are horns and wire. I don't think a motorized bike could have too loud of a horn, personally. I'd be fitting a locomotive horn if I thought I had room to get it mounted.

EDIT: What about a Wolo Bod Boy horn?

Last edited by a moderator:
Best horn ever

I'm using a cheapo OOOOGA horn from Harbor freight. Plenty loud and it sure gets attention because it's different. The horn is big though, a bit over a foot long and 4 inches in diameter at the widest point. No relay needed, just an ordinary momentary on/off switch. Mine is 12v and runs of my battery for turnsignals and lights. Air horns and such are illegal in Wisconsin. If I remember right the top limit is 130db.

those car horns from HF were the bomb, they were LOUD. they only worked for a short while though...

Worked for a short while? Did they burn out or something?
I was thinking of getting them for my car as it's factory horn sounds like a child's toy, but if the HF horns are short lived I will stay with the pathetic beep.

my friend has had a set on his lawn tractor for 2 years, he uses it profusely and they set out in the weather, they still work. mine just started getting real quiet, and when power was applied they would only make a pop

There should be a small screw on the back side of each horn. It is usually held in place with a small dab of paint on the threads of the screw. The paint is not hard to overcome with a twist of a screw driver.You can turn this screw to adjust the internal contacts to adjust (tune) them for tone and function. Try re-tuning them before throwing them away.
Just don't forget to repaint the screw before calling it done. I use fingernail polish.

I may be a little late on this, but the Institution wouldn't let me go. <g>

I can not find the original, but here is a paraphrase of a note I sent to SimpleSimon not long ago: After doing some shopping with my wife, she was driving me home while I was playing with my latest boat horn I had purchased at the local marina. It is only about 6" tall including the horn (which is only about 4" long). It fits neatly into the breast pocket of my t-shirt. I always carry it when I'm riding the Meteor Trike. I also have a Bombay curled horn for pedestrians.

Well, I was un-packing the boat horn when we pulled up into the left turn lane at the light into the Country Club where we live. There was an older fella and his wife first in line, a Yippie Fella and his Main-squeeze in a silver/over sparkling-metallic BMW convertible w/top down next (playing squeeze-n-pinch), and we were third. As soon as the light turned green, BMW laid on the horn and wouldn't quit. I admit that I just couldn’t help it...I held that fresh boat horn high out of the window and gave the traditional “18-Wheel-Semi-Horn-Blast” when he can't stop...HOOONK-HOOONK-HONK!!!!

The arrogant Yippie driver buried his head into the steering wheel with both hands covering his head, while his 'former' girlfriend tried her best to get out of the car, and then started beating on Yippie driver to get her out of the car before the train hit!

My Doctor has told me that I should look for little moments of pleasure…they will do me good...this one will last for awhile.

Last edited:
Back