Bicycle Jet Engines for sale!!

Springer???

Yeah, so that is awesome, and I can't wait to see the videos of you riding it. But I can't help but notice that you have a crappy springer fork on that bike... that thing is certainly not rated for jet propulsion speeds. I mean, c'mon! If you're limited because of the head tube / neck tube diameter (1") and can't use a 1 & 1/8th inch mountain bike suspension fork... If it were me, I would be looking for a nice strong Marzocchi fork from 2006 or 2007 with a PRESS-IN 1" neck/head tube. The press in tube will be much stronger than the bolt in tubes. But still, they stopped making 1" models, so get em while they're still available.

because I couldn't get a suspension fork for my cruiser which has a ridiculous 9.5" neck/head on it, (not even the springers will fit) I decided to scrap that bike as my MB project, and reverted to my first plan of rebuilding my mountain bike and motorizing it. My Diamondback mountain bike's frame is like a million times stronger and higher quality than the chinese cruiser. The welds and the components tell the whole story.

Either way, this was not meant to be too critical or to pi$$ off anyone. I am just worried that your springer will be unsafe at speed, and wanted to say that you have a cool project going there.

Good Luck
Ride On
and wear an Effin HELMET!!!

Last edited:
The bike may be very unstable at "some" higher speed without downforce etc. I have that same bike and the frame is strong but it may not withstand the force and pressure without a lot of modification to prevent the frame from disintegrating due to the extra weight from the motors, rider and thrust produced. I'm sure you have probably already thought about those issues.

Thanks for the concern
yup I will be doing some extensive mods to the frame and infact the engines will be stressed into the frame and fitted to produce down force for sure it will not look stock when its done
Royz

Yeah, so that is awesome, and I can't wait to see the videos of you riding it. But I can't help but notice that you have a crappy springer fork on that bike... that thing is certainly not rated for jet propulsion speeds. I mean, c'mon! If you're limited because of the head tube / neck tube diameter (1") and can't use a 1 & 1/8th inch mountain bike suspension fork... If it were me, I would be looking for a nice strong Marzocchi fork from 2006 or 2007 with a PRESS-IN 1" neck/head tube. The press in tube will be much stronger than the bolt in tubes. But still, they stopped making 1" models, so get em while they're still available.

because I couldn't get a suspension fork for my cruiser which has a ridiculous 9.5" neck/head on it, (not even the springers will fit) I decided to scrap that bike as my MB project, and reverted to my first plan of rebuilding my mountain bike and motorizing it. My Diamondback mountain bike's frame is like a million times stronger and higher quality than the chinese cruiser. The welds and the components tell the whole story.

Either way, this was not meant to be too critical or to pi$$ off anyone. I am just worried that your springer will be unsafe at speed, and wanted to say that you have a cool project going there.

Good Luck
Ride On
and wear an Effin HELMET!!!

Thanks for the input its good to get other views than my own I actually have had a good look at the fork and for the inital prototype I feel its good enough if you look at the other pix in my link below the engine builder uses a fork similar to that and has had no problems admittidly I am going for 50mph over his best speed of 70mph but with the weight bias rearward probably 80/20and being on a flat open surface I dont plan to put a lot into the steering effort as body weight (LEAN) will steer a lot better one of the pluses with a thrust engine is that there is not a lot of torque going into the bike so bracing some of the frame and fork welds will probably suffice.
Thanks for your input and concerns they are always welcome
oh and I do have an Effin Helmet already
Royz

Speaking as a lawyer- stick with the insurance guy. Despite what people think- lawsuits don't generally go that well when you cause your own peril (and peril may be understating it). That's what insurance is for- health and life.

That being said- go for it, my man- what's life without adventure?...OK....longer....but besides that.

Speaking as a lawyer- stick with the insurance guy. Despite what people think- lawsuits don't generally go that well when you cause your own peril (and peril may be understating it). That's what insurance is for- health and life.

That being said- go for it, my man- what's life without adventure?...OK....longer....but besides that.

haha, I mean... he'll need a divorce lawyer!

Back