Bicycle Jet Engines for sale!!

Hey Royz, how's it goin'? Too bad we can't have the next MBc Ralley somewhere like Bonneville. It would sure be cool to be there to see it when you ride that thing. When do you predict it will be ready to roll?
Van

Hi

Hey Van
Its going well I have the mounts all welded up and am now sorting out a gas tank and fuel pump system ,Things are up in the air at the moment as two associations said they do not allow thrust powered vehicles but i have a couple more options yet so will keep you informed hope to have some pix soon also working on my Nova to run 9seconds next year so plenty busy hope your keeping well Bet your glad to have the bike back :)Royz

sorry if this was already discussed... what fuel are you using? you said you were mounting the gas tank... wouldn't those run well off propane? that seems like it would be easy. the lines going to the pulse jet engines that I saw in the pix the other week looked like propane lines, not liquid fuel lines.

just curious how it is going to work out, not criticizing, good luck to all!

I can't wait to see this thing in action.

Hi

No apologies needed
I am happy to discuss this project :)
The main reason I am going with liquid fuel is that I know the engines perform already with a petroleum product and with the modifications that are being done to the valves and injectors there should be an increase in performance over the original jet bike that had the single jet engine and achieved 70mph The jets will run on most anything that burns so i am sure you are correct in thinking that propane would work, I will however be using a race gas and Toulene mixture:eek: Kerosene is another alternative but a lot more expensive my goal is to get the bike built and perform some testing before going to Bonneville or anywhere else that I can run it, first year goals are for 100-120mph and if all is well to go with some more powerfull Jets.
I have previously raced motor bikes and have a drag race car and always found that creeping up on your target goal steadily is usually the best and safest way .
any comments and constructive critique is always welcome as well as any ideas feel free to add to the post .
Thanks
Royz:cool:

No apologies needed
my goal is to get the bike built and perform some testing before going to Bonneville or anywhere else that I can run it, first year goals are for 100-120mph and if all is well to go with some more powerfull Jets.

LOL 120 mph on a bicycle!!!! that is insane... I suppose that next year you will be going with the pulse jets that make 100 pounds of thrust each. yeah so, I resubmit my worried observation about the springer on this bike... I really REALLY don't think that the springer was meant for 100+ mph.

best of luck, you better get videos up when you get something substantial finished on your project. My project has been put on hold, due to a manpowered BMX bike and a maliciously placed metal thing in the dark. I have a fractured T1 vertebrae, and have been dealing with seizures and getting adjusted to medications to help make me fell almost semi-normal again :-/ hopefully I will be good to go again soon, and I can get back to work on my MB project. I will definitely be getting a really good helmet now. (however, I didn't hit my head, after I went superman-style, I sort of rolled out of it, on my neck and shoulder, hence the broken vertebrae at the base of my neck... big ole fat helmet might have exacerbated things in that situation. Anyway, I am rambling on now, best of luck, and I can hardly wait to see what happens at bonneville. I have always wanted to go there and do some high speed runs.

Jets I luv em

LOL 120 mph on a bicycle!!!! that is insane... I suppose that next year you will be going with the pulse jets that make 100 pounds of thrust each. yeah so, I resubmit my worried observation about the springer on this bike... I really REALLY don't think that the springer was meant for 100+ mph.

I appreciate your concern and sorry to hear of your accident and actually we are planning 2 x 200# thrust engines each side but that will be a custom frame i am working on now, which brings me to ask is there any one using "solid works" application I need some help on animate.
Cheers

LOL 2x 200#'s ON EACH SIDE?

is that what you call slowly creeping up from 100#'s total?

custom frame indeed... you might as well just start with a freaking Harley, and weld up the rockets to either side of it via "Rocket Holding Subframe" or the RHS as I call it. haha :)

best of luck

Back