Bike Running Horribly

• Thread starter Bike running horribly
  • Start date
Why do you want top end power with a 32 tooth sprocket? It would take a lot of road to get going fast enough to matter

You realize the smaller the sprocket the faster you can go before you hit redline, so less torque more speed

Well i have 32, 36, and 44 which would work best for top end with modifying pipe i have i would like to get back to this carburetor as well
20160508_182142.jpg

Ok and would the way i described modifying the long exhaust earlier work with the 44 tooth and after market carb?

Which length would be a good base to start as far as wanting to tune the pipe for speed/top end?

Or should I put the pipe on with the 44 and not modify it. Some guy said i would need bigger sprocket for that setup, but that was before i learned about hearder length. Now im starting to second guess on that one

I know I could use the search but you guys are here and seem to know what i want to know better then some people explain it

Read some of my threads, I just did a test on a long pipe and a banana pipe chinese built $30 systems.
Neither were bolt on, nor quieter than stock. Both were very slight improvements on power, but very slight.
Both were heavy and required a lot of bending to fit. Pay the money for a well designed system.
The flex hose system you showed is not a well designed system.
Also look at reducing your intake length to gain more speed.
Long intake and exhaust systems do gain low rpm torque at the expense of top speed.

As for sprocket, if you can only do 7000 rpm unloaded, the 44t will result in a speed reduction.

Steve

So heres what im thinking top speed is affected by header length right?

If thats so here is my ideal take the header from stock pipe
20160518_121214.jpg
Then i would take this Muffler and cut right before expansion chamber
20160518_120755.jpg

Then i would use something like this to clamp it together also used for testing to find desired header length.
1463592020066-1592778999.jpg
Would this work to make a not very good system into a better one? Im not a stranger to fabrication. Just want to know if this could possibly work before i go cutting it

Jezz, if you want torque and high speeds switch to gears!

I always have to just shake my head at all the people that throw Hundreds at getting their Direct Drive single speed bike to go faster by pushing the engine to it's max and sacrificing any low end.

Look, most bicycles come with gears to help them get around with leg power!
Use them so you can get out of the Flintstones era!

I do, and I'm rather good at it, most anything I build these days can kick the pants off any direct drive of similuar power, duhh, mine have have under drive for torque, and over drive for speed to help me rocket opposed to you direct drive guys, really, even my basic shifting builds put you DD guys to shame.

I got a new cdi for my bike but I think the real problem was the spark plug because I spaced the gap a bit more and it started working again but it's still slow so maybe my spark plug is broken

Jezz, if you want torque and high speeds switch to gears!

I always have to just shake my head at all the people that throw Hundreds at getting their Direct Drive single speed bike to go faster by pushing the engine to it's max and sacrificing any low end.

Look, most bicycles come with gears to help them get around with leg power!
Use them so you can get out of the Flintstones era!

I do, and I'm rather good at it, most anything I build these days can kick the pants off any direct drive of similuar power, duhh, mine have have under drive for torque, and over drive for speed to help me rocket opposed to you direct drive guys, really, even my basic shifting builds put you DD guys to shame.

Look dude no offense but if you just going to brag about what you have and we dont tell it to someone who cares how bout not being a *ick and maybe offer some tips or advice which is what a forum is designed for not for arrogant assholes that just want to brag and be *icks about it

Back