Bike Running Horribly

• Thread starter Bike running horribly
  • Start date
If the guy has a bike not running right with a shift kit and I had my ported and polished 80, in a race I would probably win with the stock sprocket.... 37mph

But also I apparently dropped a peice of a ring in the bottom end and after about 100miles it got into something it didn't need to be in;)

Sooo.... I'm stuck with ole reliable.... It was acting like a KTM (fastest on race day, but lucky to hold together)
Ole reliable is basically a Honda (not the fastest thing but it gets the job done) :)

So i turned this
20160429_100703.jpg

Into this
20160518_192205.jpg

Looks good on bike
20160518_202104.jpg

This test was done on 44 tooth
Screenshot_20160518-220018.png

28.8 is a 3 MPH gain from the 25 MPH prior to exhaust mod.

Cant wait till tomorrow will run it on the 36 tooth and see where i get from there.

The only downfall is that when i get to the higher RPMS she tends to hesitate like put put vroom put put vroom only way i coud describe it. Definatwly not four stroking

Jeffrey, KC Vale is a wealth of great information and makes a very valid point, cut him slack.
KC, I am getting a great thrill out of trying to get both torque AND speed out of my single speed bike.
Eventually I will likely end up with a shifter, but this journey and experimentation has been fun.

Hey, Frankfort, I run a bunch of KTM 2 strokes.
I've run all the Japanese makes and they don't hold a candle to KTMs durability.

full

full

Would you take an unreliable machine way ta heck inta the woods?

Steve

Jeffrey, KC Vale is a wealth of great information and makes a very valid point, cut him slack.
KC, I am getting a great thrill out of trying to get both torque AND speed out of my single speed bike.
Eventually I will likely end up with a shifter, but this journey and experimentation has been fun.

Hey, Frankfort, I run a bunch of KTM 2 strokes.
I've run all the Japanese makes and they don't hold a candle to KTMs durability.

full

full

Would you take an unreliable machine way ta heck inta the woods?

Steve

Yeah shift kit would be a dream but some people dont have the extra 200 bucks to get the shift kit and.

Anyways i found that the nt carb has the same jet as the keihin clone carburetor same size to 0.66mm the micro drill bits i have only have 0.76mm would this be too rich if i tried to experiment with this. If it is worst case i just have one jet between the 2 carbs

Yep Steve, if you have the time and the tools you can play with 'em for weeks trying new things until you find works best for you bud, that's the fun part ;-}

Jeffery,
This is a 6 page topic that veered way off the original topic "Bike Running Horribly" into about Speed.
Sure $200 is a lot when you start with ~$350 budget or whatever, but you can't build a new BMW with only a Used Yugo budget.

My example pics regarding speed are for those with the larger budgets that can afford something really nice.
Bragging? Hell Yes! Cool fast bikes can be built, wouldn't you brag if it was your build?
... And it's not that hard, just more expensive.

I'll leave it at that, I take time out of my day to come in here to help tohers, and yes, Brag with no shame whatsoever ;-}

Yep Steve, if you have the time and the tools you can play with 'em for weeks trying new things until you find works best for you bud, that's the fun part ;-}

Jeffery,
This is a 6 page topic that veered way off the original topic "Bike Running Horribly" into about Speed.
Sure $200 is a lot when you start with ~$350 budget or whatever, but you can't build a new BMW with only a Used Yugo budget.

My example pics regarding speed are for those with the larger budgets that can afford something really nice.
Bragging? Hell Yes! Cool fast bikes can be built, wouldn't you brag if it was your build?
... And it's not that hard, just more expensive.

I'll leave it at that, I take time out of my day to come in here to help tohers, and yes, Brag with no shame whatsoever ;-}
The trick is trying to find something that is fast good quality and cheap at the same time:)

Back