Bremen Flyer Almost Done!

434_DSCF0021_1.jpg

434_DSCF0014_1.jpg

434_DSCF0017_1.jpg

:D

Well, here it is, a purely functional, made with what I had, no frills,motorized bike.

The Piaa light got dropped, and I haven't flamed it yet, 700 miles have been put on, just for testing purposes of course.

I actually wore out the kevlar reinforced tires that I originally put on the bike, had to replace them with what was available, 26x2.125, now it is really a smooth ride.

Gas mileage is about 100 mpg. I ride the bike to work every chance i get, but it seems to rain a lot.

Hope you like it.

Scrollerguy

I love it!!!

I do have one question. I see you had to offset the engine to be able to drive the rear wheel and I imagine that motor is probably quite heavy. Do you find yourself leaning to compensate for the offset weight?

Dan

nice ride. you must be in the country? over 50cc, no pedals and no tickets :). hell I'm moving in;).

I am going to do it too! New Mexico seems to be pretty nice about this kinda thing too :eek:

I think the main thing is are you ripping down the street at a billion mph... or are you abiding by the law doing 20-30mph that is legal in said state. Are there a ton of other riders being dweebs nearby that would agitate the cops? There is all these variables that lead to harassment or to the letter following the law. However on my current 70cc I ride it on the roads I abide by laws, use hand signals etc. I do not give the cops any reason to bother me so I thin that helps alot.

The Locals

:D I want to thank everyone who responded with a kind word, I'm 63, and have had my share of trouble with the law when I was younger. Now I try very hard to make life as easy as possible, yes I show the bike to the cops, and I ask questions, as well as telling them that I already talked to the town office about registering it, as well as calling the State Licensing Division to make sure I don't have to register it.

As far as I know NOBODY in this area has anything like this, so being the only one, I do use my hand signals and try to obey the speed limits til I'm out of town.

As fast as this bike will go, my average speed, due to the hills and bad conditions, I only average 34 mph.

Sorry this is so long, but, yes I try to maintain a good relationship with the cops, I've made it very plain to them I don't want to break the law.

Scrollerguy

do you good thing chinese

How about a town so small, it has about 600 people.
We live in a suberb of that town called Medomak.

We have no store, no gas, no beer, no schools, no nuthin!

If I go right at the end of the road, it's about 12 miles to town, if I go left and then right it's about 12 miles to town. If I go left and stay on that road it's about 15 miles to the nearest town with a store.

You probably don't want to hear how much my taxes aren't.

You sure can come visit anytime. There are some perks in living in the sticks!

Scrollerguy

Sup?

Hey Scrollerguy,

Nice bike! Hopefully breakdowns are few and far between with no way to pedal home! How's that belt tensioner doing on the tension side? Stay cool,
bro!:cool:

Back