Bremen Flyer

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by scrollerguy, Feb 18, 2007.

1. scrollerguy

scrollerguy Guest

:???: Here is another try at it.

http://server3.pictiger.com/img/876761/reality-and-real-world/dscf-0011.jpg

http://server3.pictiger.com/img/876758/reality-and-real-world/dscf-0019.jpg

http://server3.pictiger.com/img/876759/reality-and-real-world/dscf-0016.jpg

Yes the pics are fuzzy, but you kinda get the idea. The motor is very quiet, with almost no vibration at all. I did graft a suspension front end from a mountain bike. It will have turn signals, Piaa lights, brake light' and of course a digital speedometer. The tires are Kevlar reinforced as well. Oh yeah, it also has a twist grip throttle and electric start.

Hope ya like it.

Scrollerguy

2. etheric

etheric Guest

Looks like it's coming along well. I'm intriqued to see what it looks like finished too.
    We may be able to get those pictures resized and displayed directly in this post if you want.

3. etheric

etheric Guest

And for those of us who are too lazy to click the above links (click em if you want these pics 2x):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. scrollerguy

scrollerguy Guest

How'd you do that?

:D How did you do that? I've been up all evening trying to put those up.

Good job Thanks!

Scrollerguy

5. etheric

etheric Guest

Not a problem!
    I downloaded your pics, submitted them to a free image resizing website, downloaded their resized ones, then uploaded those to this site.

That may sound way more complicated than it really was.

6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

scrollerguy, that is a superb-looking ride :)

(best method to add pics to MBc is to pre-resize to 600 pixels MAXIMUM wide, then upload using our "upload pic" feature)

7. That looks wild. Riding it should be interesting since the engine almost completely outside of the centerline of the frame. I would think you would have to lean it to the left to stay upright and go straight. Great project keep us informed.

8. etheric

etheric Guest

A setup like that would be perfect for a sidecar.......or rail bike....

9. scrollerguy

scrollerguy Guest

Ride Quality

Looking at the bike it is wide, and before I rode it I thought the same, but there is no difference,no leaning, or correcting. It's an absolute blast.

Oh, did I mention I weigh 226 and I can start in the middle of a hill with no problem.

I'm very glad you all like it so far.

Scrollerguy

10. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i found this during some random word searching...scrollerguy, if you're still around i'd love to see what she's looking like nowadays 8)

11. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Me too Scroller
    Doc

12. OldPete

OldPete Guest

Looks odd but so do I. :smile:

The Harley XR 1000 of the early '80s had the engine off-set to the left by about 2" inorder for the drive chain to align. It felt odd at rest but the imbalance faded away at 5mph.

13. What engine have you got on there.

Looks like atleast a 3hp 4 stroke.

Plenty of grunt I suppose... :evil:

14. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Itsa 5.5 HP