Build ideas...

GW's Motorized

Local time
12:43 PM
I've been looking at building a saw hybrid engine for a while now. I'm trying to get a job so I can actually afford to build a new engine. I have a few things I want to discuss.

Can you build a big bore engine that performs well at high rpms?

Should I use a still jug, or should I risk wasting time and money and tey to use a husqvarna jug?

I will probably have more questions when they come up

Yes, there are plenty of big cc Saws used in competitions that easily rev over 10krpm. The reality is, the bottom ends are the biggest weak point on these engines.

The tricky part is getting the engine to balance well at said higher RPM. The bigger the bore, the bigger the piston. The bigger the piston, the more weight to affect the balance factor. yadda yadda. The Phantom 85 is a prime example of this, as it's very difficult to get a balance factor over 50% with one due to the 52mm bore and limitations of he style of crankshaft used in these engines.

Something to also keep in mind in regards to RPM and power production. An engine with more torque and a lower peak RPM can accelerate just as fast as a high rpm screamer that makes all of its power up top. It's all in the area under the curve and how the bike will be geared to match hat power output.

As far as which jug to use. Personal preference really, but I think you would be happy with either one.

Wow! I found a bunch of people into something they enjoy. "Victim's" I'll sell them stuff that's junk, no instructions, no customer support & NEVER answer email, text or phone calls. It's all about me no matter how bad it might hurt the financially or how long they saved for this. I just don't care & I got mine so...
Hurt them financially **
Not that I'm seeking vengeance but I can travel to Napa Valley with my band of goons a walk up to say HI!
The big Napa Vally race. (YouTube it).
Not to rant but, I'm glad I'm smarter and cought it in time before self destruction. I'm smarter I guess. Than them anyway. Running fantastic & not from ANY help from them. I'm sure they will eventually chime in with a crap ton of excuses & BS but I'll show screen shots how they operate.
But you ARE ranting...lol.

47.6mm bore & 43mm stroke is great math. But when assembled just taking parts out of the box, assembling it & shipping it to the end user is just wrong! Or you buy something from their website that says in stock and wait & wait and get excuses from Ryan @ RDM that he's had personal issues then he contacts you with its on its way and now his web says in stock again...tells me he bought materials with MY money! Never had it when I ordered. All the transparent BS they think intelligent people can't see. Buy an engine for over a grand and take it apart and happy you did. Now they want more money for gaskets! Not my fault you threw it together man! WTF?! It's ridiculous & I'm gonna see if something can be done about it.
Doing things the unethical/dirty way will eventually get you found out. Just saying. If nobody speaks up then....
And the point of all this ranting with the one man dialog for 7 postings talking to yourself that previously had only two posts in this thread asking for

Build ideas...

way back on August 30th of 2023, almost 6 months ago???

Your 7 postings have absolutely nothing to do with any sort of constructive BUILD IDEAS...

This is such a thread hijacking job to an extreme degree, I have decided to delete all of your talking to yourself rant posts and just preserve them this way on my post as an example to everyone else as to just what a thread hijacking job really looks like, all by just one person...One right after another, all in a row.

Back