can I put an after market carborater on a new kit before the so called break in period?

Even though it is running great, it may still run even better with some carb tuning if you want to attempt that. If you post a fairly high resolution close up photo of the plug people could make jetting suggestions to improve it.

Also, as was suggested, a compression test would help but should be done with the throttle wide open.

Yes I need to do a compression test , I need to get a tester. a few people told me to run 40 to 1 ratio that 20 to 1 was to thick in oil. I went 1 gallon to 3 1/2 ounces ran great 1st night now it's bogging again granted it's cold here (Illinois) I figure I'm ganna drain the gas tank again and try 30 to 1.

I know I should be posting pics I always plan to then I get caught up in just getting what I'm working on finished.

I'll be out working on it in a few hours I just drove it to the corner hardware store for some supplies and to see how it ran. it's boggy and skippy.

I need it running by tomorrow to get to work

Yes I need to do a compression test , I need to get a tester. a few people told me to run 40 to 1 ratio that 20 to 1 was to thick in oil. I went 1 gallon to 3 1/2 ounces ran great 1st night now it's bogging again granted it's cold here (Illinois) I figure I'm ganna drain the gas tank again and try 30 to 1.

I know I should be posting pics I always plan to then I get caught up in just getting what I'm working on finished.

I'll be out working on it in a few hours I just drove it to the corner hardware store for some supplies and to see how it ran. it's boggy and skippy.

I need it running by tomorrow to get to work

what oil are you using?

32 to 1 is typically a common and good place to be on a non racing engine. changing the oil ratio also changes the jetting slightly. use one ratio and stick to it.

what do you mean by "boggy" and "skippy"?.

can you post a close up fairly high resolution photo of the end of the spark plug?

what oil are you using?

32 to 1 is typically a common and good place to be on a non racing engine. changing the oil ratio also changes the jetting slightly. use one ratio and stick to it.

can you post a close up fairly high resolution photo of the end of the spark plug?
Ya I'm heading out to work on it now

Ya I'm heading out to work on it now

I mean by Skippy is the bike feels like it's skipping.. wants to go don't want to go wants to go don't want to go kinda thing going on. stalls as I let of the clutch gatta peddle and. it's slow to kick in. I have to have carb 1/2 open to start it bogs I gatta rev it and open the carb all the way open to go feels like it's ganna stall if I let off the throttle.

what oil are you using?

Attachments

• 20180116_113306(0).jpg
    20180116_113306(0).jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 62
that plug photo is fuzzy and too small and therefore useless.

sorry it's gloomy in here and my phone ain't all that great. I drained the gas added another 1 1/2 oil to it seems better I still gatta tweak some stuff I think the chain tightens loosens tightens loosens. i made sure the rear sprocket was even ( no side to side or up and down)

Back