Carby Carberator Replacement.. uhh... where to buy?

well, i would nit jump right in and assume it's the clutch. check to make sure that teh chain didn't come off the front sprocket and get jammed.
if your chain was too loose, this could be what happened.
reliabilty of these things is not to blame on the engine and the kit. a lot of the dependabilty is all based how they get put together.

put it together quickly, with little to no mechanical knowledge, and the reliability will go out the window.
putting it together, taking your time to check, double check and triple check everything, use blue loc-tite on all the bolts, modify parts to fit and work correctly, and making sure that everything is aligned, will add to the dependabilty.
I guess that you could say that the dependability is as good as the assembly.

ok, a MUCH nicer sort of reply...grats :)

ok...me thinks your crankcase may be flooded. cus if the carby wwas leaking, its more than likely fuel has gotten into the crankcase.

the simplest test is...pull in the clutch! if the wheel rolls then, the problem is internal(flooded crankcase, something in the clutch, etc...)

if it doesnt roll, then its the chain wedged itself somewhere (look), or the clutch needs adjusting.

this is the art of "narrowing down possibilities"

youll find that with a little knowledge, and some patience...these things are simple! and only unreliable when you dont understand the beasts...once again...knowledge :)

(if your crank IS flooded...i aint tellin you how to empty it....its very simple :p ... self education )

Carb change caution

Changing the carb is not hard, however there is one caution you must heed.

The throttle slide becomes an issue when attaching the throttle cable,
I recently screwed up, and the slide got a spring assisted rocket launch into the ' twilight zone '

Moral ... Sweep the floor first to prevent losing parts, practice on the old carb, when your confident of your ability to handle the spring / slider,
go ahead, and put the throttle cable on the new one. Most kits come with the throttle cable installed to prevent these disasters, and angry customers.

Back