Where to buy instead of California Motorbikes?

Keep in mind people as small business owners. Registered as LLCs, insurance or none prones risk of counteraction of lawsuit to a business, since technically the person running business doesn't own it. Therefor meaning it's a Limited Liability. It's very rare in these cases since there is millions of Registered LLC businesses out there. But It has happened before.

Zane has sent me replacement parts for a motor that took a crap after 310 miles. I'll keep you posted in the future after improving the defects his manfuctures wholesale to him. He was nice enough to throw in a Catnip CDI, which I do highly appreciate it as anybody rather use a better CDI. Just don't expect japanese upgraded bearings in this motors, nor shields on the crank bearings.

The moral of the story of his bottom ends is simple. If you're planning on saving money and using his motors. You're going to NEED to crack the bottom case open. Replace the bearings that have no shields (in the magneto and smaller clutch gear areas) and possibly do some crank trueing work. The oil seals are the cheapest of chinese quality. Personally my advice to him as a seller would be to upgrade these things to compete with other sellers like Smolik. Nor are bearings or oil seals really expensive. You just need to read the shields or match the size. I haven't fully cracked one fully yet, but certainly there may need to be some modification to the shims on the crank arms that are used to prevent play on the crank arm and vibrations. I've noticed after x2 Wildcat pro racers that went dead in action, The cranks are either stiff and hard to move or become loose after failures of oil seals compression and being blown. More thouraghally I can already tell you these cranks are only trued and drilled in two areas.

If you're hobbiest, experienced or have parts laying around to modify things by all means try to buy from Zane. The Minarelli bottom end is an exact replica of the Skyhawk bottom end and in early basis people like Don Butler have put in their extra work to modify and sell them. Yes you're paying more but at the expense of the engine actually being ran, modified to it's best specifications and tested. Only issue as always no seller can tune a carb for you and sell it due to the fact of shipping regulations on flammables. Also YOU WILL NEED TO modify the clutch to your own SAF Clutch from DLH Preformance or create your own.

Zane should also modify the Minarelli adapter to the slanted as a traditional flat adapter isn't compatiable with the Mikuni VM-20 bolted straight out of the box. You will need to make a custom manifold for whichever carb you're using.

It's highly advised to study the art of tuning carbs properly, regardless if it's some Chinesium carb that comes normally in a kit. Regular carbs are much more technical and tunable. Whereas kit carbs for motorized bikes are less and more universal. Most of which actually from my understanding also bog down the preformance of most engines 49cc and above if their not manifold exhuast ported beyond 14mm. Ideally most people who are seeking to modify older versions of motors are using 16-17mm carbs. Minarellis are 19mm-21mm typically and beyond.

Well I have to admit, I am more confident about buying from CMB than Amazon or Ebay, and Zane's involvement here is some helpful. I may still consider future purchases, but admittedly all the recent talk raises concerns.

I have a bike from cmb havent gotten it to start yet the piston came faulty after what seemed to be pulling teeth I finally got a new piston but the thing still hasn't started getting replies through email alot of times it takes me a couple of times to get a reply told me that he didn't warranty his "race engines" the crank came with surface rust on it I included pictures and as im typing this I have been waiting roughly a week for a reply to my last email

I am more confident about buying from CMB than Amazon or Ebay, and Zane's involvement here is some helpful.
Your becoming an endangered species my friend...Just how many disasters need to be seen to show you where there is smoke, there is also fire???...lol.

I have a bike from cmb havent gotten it to start yet the piston came faulty after what seemed to be pulling teeth I finally got a new piston but the thing still hasn't started getting replies through email alot of times it takes me a couple of times to get a reply told me that he didn't warranty his "race engines" the crank came with surface rust on it I included pictures and as im typing this I have been waiting roughly a week for a reply to my last email
It's always the same old song as well...Defective part or parts and it won't start, Takes a few times sending emails to even get a reply, Always told NO WARRANTY.

In a tight economy such as ours is right now, it is important to consider where your money is going...If you just want to part with your money and wave bye-bye to it, I will give you my address and you can just mail it directly to me instead...lol...lol...lol.

I just won't be sending you a 26 pound paperweight or doorstop to show everyone what you spent your hard earned bucks on...lol...lol.

I don't care who it is selling these engines, if it came from China and costs less than $300, it's going to need owner input at some point. I've bought engines from a few sources, and not a single one (B-E included) has ever once impressed me with an engine that I felt I could just assemble and install. Not one.

I expect that across the board, so nothing ever shocks me. I tend to stick with B-E because if I do get a defective part, they have always been great about sending a new one for free under their limited warranty. That's a lot more than most sellers will ever bother.

Now, if I spend $500+ on a custom built hybrid of some sort I would expect it to have at least decent quality control during construction, and hopefully a few small upgrades. I haven't spent that kind of money yet because I just don't take this hobby that seriously. Nothing against the guys that do, but I would rather spend that money on my bigger loves (aka Fishing and Sight seeing trips), because that is where my priorities are.

Truth is, the Phantom is the most expensive engine I have ever purchased for a MB, and the most I have spent overall on a build to date. I generally bought the cheaper kits because I knew I was essentially going to have to rebuild the things anyway, so I would encounter and fix almost all of the foibles and poor quality along the way.

I will say, they have Amazon beat on some prices, but they take forever to ship stuff out.

I don't see a lot of talk about their engines.
I think a lot of people don't like bikeberry's customer service and QC

I could be wrong though

My friend has one of their "100cc" motors, It's annoying coz all the studs are the skinny ones. (6mm?).

I think a lot of people don't like bikeberry's customer service and QC

I could be wrong though

My friend has one of their "100cc" motors, It's annoying coz all the studs are the skinny ones. (6mm?).
They are just canned responses and there is no QC, just like any larger company.

But IMHO I would rather support them than Amazon, but if you need something NOW you can't beat the jungle store.

I have no dog in this topic. It seems you have 2 different crowds here either disliking or liking the company. I'll give the owner credit for posting here and dealing with the issues head on. He's not hiding, if you don't like the way he does business then don't buy from him.

Back