carburator choke issues helllppppppp !!!!!!

If RTV works OK, then all is OK, but in general RTV silicon is not recommended for a gasoline sealing application.
Even in this application, any excess fuel could loosen it or soften it up.
I've personally had problems in the past using it around fuel.

Still, there's nothing like a well-fitted 'O' ring. Anything else is a crude fix.
Personally, I take my carb off fairly often, for jet & needle changes as I mod other things and I hate messing around cleaning off old sealant and re-applying it each time.

Permatex

I don't recomend using permatex either. I've noticed that gas tends to make it soft. In fact, I've used gas to REMOVE permatex. You would have to let it HIGH HEAT dry, like on a hot engine for a month or two to get hard enough to stand up to gas. A good, clean gasket is all you should ever need.
Thanks,
Big Red.
OWNER: Fatdaddy"s MotoPeds.
San Jose.

i like using 2 o-rings one for the top of the carb and one for the intake tube going into the carb and i use small amount of red rtv i'v had no problems

Thanks, I was thinking of trying it as a temporary measure while I try to adjust my carb better. My engine dies when I back-off the "enrichener". (new style "speed carb", red plastic filter.)

actually if you seal the carb, to the intake tube with silicone, gas will never touch that area of the intake tube or the carb.
put silicone on the intake tube, and slide the carb onto the tintake.
the carb itself will cover the silicone and make a seal.
gas will never touch it.

Back