CAUTION REGARDING ALUMINUM FRAMES: Guess I'll be building a new bike...

just my 2 cents worth

u had the motor , forks , wheels etc
look for a donor frame over 18.5 inchs from centre of peddles
that ur forks fit at op shops
...shouldnt cost beyond 20

use ur parts after u sand an paint old frame to ur color

but that just a thought
:bowdown:
brad
sydney

lol my old shaft 3 spd rse bike i killed

hence i got a new stead
wrong model but a stead

i need a billet front mount and sbp shift an exh
but u get the idea

its only money

ohhh my esperia eagle 20.5 inch bike has a 50mm down
lol
350 bux to go
an 350 on bike
motor was 480 rse hp 2 48 with ceramic topp piston ....good for 65 kmh
borin

i want a shift kit

brad :whistle:

My Felt '68 Hot Wheels bike runs an aluminium frame and I ride it 3-4 times a week to commute to work on some rather messed up urban roads but have encountered no problems with fissures or cracks though the bike retains the 2 dents from a couple of crashes on the top tube section. So far so good!

warring don't fallow the instructions

The first motor I got was a boy go fast off of Ebay and the instructions said to drill a hole in the frame to mount the motor. Sure enough about fifty miles later it looked like someone took a hacksaw to the seat tube. BTW that was a steel frame. I now am working on a old steel Mtn bike frame that I modified to work with this newer HT engine. It lasted a lot longer but I had problems with the motor mounts.

I got a motor mount from S.B.P. and I hope that it will solve the problem. I like steel because it seems to have a almost unlimited life and if all else fails I can weld it myself.

I had a aluminum recumbent in the past and the frame broke after about two years.

mike

My Felt '68 Hot Wheels bike runs an aluminium frame and I ride it 3-4 times a week to commute to work on some rather messed up urban roads but have encountered no problems with fissures or cracks though the bike retains the 2 dents from a couple of crashes on the top tube section. So far so good!

Felt has a pretty high reputation. I wouldn't worry about one of their bikes.

This morning I ordered my Pirate Worksman. Yes, I could have just gone with a new frame, but after the frame broke so quickly, I didn't really trust the other parts from the first bike. I had planned on upgrading the wheels, hubs, etc ANYWAY. The cost of everything I had planned on replacing plus the cost of a new frame would have run close to what Pirate is selling their Pirate Special for.

With gas prices going up, this is going to be my commuter ride, reserving my car for out of town trips and rainy days. For how much I am going to be riding it, I don't want to skimp on a questionable used frame.

Back