Chain replacement? - Grubee Gen II

javelina1

Local time
4:26 AM
For the Grubee Gen II owners. Are we able to use the 1/8" narrow chain with the OEM drive sprocket? (like the KMC Z510H chain?)

thanks,
-Jav

cool, if I plan to switch to the BMX chain, I'll be the right drive sprocket. I've rode my MB for about 20 miles now, and the 415 chain has stretched one link already. Incredible.

I have switched fro the #415 chain to a #41 chain and have had NO problems. The quality of the rollers on the #41 chain is much better than the chain that comes with the motors.

I'm running the #41 as well- works perfectly. It will fit where the stanhdard #415 fits...if you need it narrower, for clearance though, the #41 isnot the ticket.

agreed...I used narrow bmx chain when I needed clearance for a 3" tire
(I think I bought a narrow engine sprocket from livefast)
41 chain is 1/2 the money and it fits if clearance isn't an issue

you guys have got me sold on the #41... I'll pick up some this weekend.

can't believe how much the 415 is stretches.

(azbill, thanks for the patience with my questions...) :D

all good grasshopper, now you can pass knowledge on to someone else :cool:
the cooler weather is just around the corner...we gotta get some group rides happening:)

all good grasshopper, now you can pass knowledge on to someone else :cool:
the cooler weather is just around the corner...we gotta get some group rides happening:)

indeed buddy! group ride sounds good. cool weather soon!!! :D I'm in Gilbert, so you ain't that far away.... there are a herd of MBer's around here too....

I'm running the #41 as well- works perfectly. It will fit where the stanhdard #415 fits...if you need it narrower, for clearance though, the #41 isnot the ticket.

Just an fyi - I've got the clearance. Though I'm running a 2 1/4" rear tire. It just barely clears.

I was hoping to stop some of the chain noise. But after a 20 miles of running the motor, the chain stretched a link, and it worked out to tension everything up now.

Of course, if the 415 can stretch a link in 20 miles, what will it do over the life. So I'd rather have something more stable, and will look at the #41... (Lowe's is right down the street...) :D

I've also added just a dash of grease on the drive gear spines. (just a dash on the little drive gear).

Back