Sprockets Drive sprocket spacer

That part doesn't go into the crank case. It goes into the area separate for the clutch.
Duh! I know that. That's a tapered shaft it ain't going work. A true taper in all reality dont need a keyway. They are a interference fit.

I wanna know how you think this will work.

Maybe I'm not thinking straight. But this is another 1 of them. Sure I'll take your money.

Only thing I see that spacer doing is messing up a clutch shaft. I'm not trying to argue or nothing. But this is not the right way to go about this. The chain engine sprocket needs to be tight on that taper. If the sprocket is not seated against that taper, then all you are relying on is that itty bitty key.

I'll see what my alignment looks like with my current setup. Maybe it's good after I modified the sprocket a bit.
Why cant you just space the rear wheel sprocket out a bit. Then put the same amount of spacer between the wheel bearing nut & the wheel dropout.

I'm just saying that spacer is a $6.50 hoax & is only going to cost you more money in the long run for ruined parts it's going to create.

Why cant you just space the rear wheel sprocket out a bit. Then put the same amount of spacer between the wheel bearing nut & the wheel dropout.

I'm just saying that spacer is a $6.50 hoax & is only going to cost you more money in the long run for ruined parts it's going to create.
I was gonna make a spacer, so money isn't an issue. That li k was simply an example. My rear wheel hub is super wide and I almost can't move it any more. The pedal side chain alignment is almost unacceptable, and I had to bolt a sprocket to the back of another sprocket to get the alignment to not be a half inch off. I haven't checked the alignment of the sprocket yet as I have been busy finishing drywall work. However where I have the rear spring now the bolts are almost touching the spokes and I have no more adjustment there. I will take some pictures tomorrow if I have the time.

I completely understand where you are coming from and I do agree. Perhaps I can find a different way.

I was gonna make a spacer, so money isn't an issue. That li k was simply an example. My rear wheel hub is super wide and I almost can't move it any more. The pedal side chain alignment is almost unacceptable, and I had to bolt a sprocket to the back of another sprocket to get the alignment to not be a half inch off. I haven't checked the alignment of the sprocket yet as I have been busy finishing drywall work. However where I have the rear spring now the bolts are almost touching the spokes and I have no more adjustment there. I will take some pictures tomorrow if I have the time.

I completely understand where you are coming from and I do agree. Perhaps I can find a different way.
Yeah I'm not trying to be a debbie downer & ruin any parades. Lmao I know I used the wrong terms when trying to explain things.

But there is a reason why that sprocket must be pulled off with a puller. That sprocket cannot rely just on that itty bitty key to hold the torque that it will be put thru.

Are you running a straight rear sprocket? Or a dished rear sprocket?

Yeah I'm not trying to be a debbie downer & ruin any parades. Lmao I know I used the wrong terms when trying to explain things.

But there is a reason why that sprocket must be pulled off with a puller. That sprocket cannot rely just on that itty bitty key to hold the torque that it will be put thru.

Are you running a straight rear sprocket? Or a dished rear sprocket?
It's a straight one. It's also aluminum which is why I want to get the best chain alignment I can. I don't want the at sprocket getting eaten up.

It's a straight one. It's also aluminum which is why I want to get the best chain alignment I can. I don't want the at sprocket getting eaten up.
EDIT : Your drive sprocket is aluminum? Don't think I have seen one of those.... did not think it would be durable enough with a chain eating at the teeth with that amount of torque? Interesting.

I guess after a google, they are quite common... may even have one on my Motoped! :unsure:

Back