Chainsaw carburetor

I need a better pipe/expansion chamber on it, then I think there's more there for top speed. Lol I hate to see how fast this is on a 36 tooth sprocket.
If you're aiming for speed, use moped rims. Bike rims tend to burn up when going fast all the time. The spokes wiggle the holes slowly widen and eventually will pull through when you hammer the gas. I put a 6.5 horse 4 stroke on a bike and thats exactly what it did to every bike rim we put on it. It took a little while, but every single one, till we put some 20" moped tires and rims on it, I think they were equal to 24" in height. My buddy still has that bike in his shed. No idea if he ever rides it though, it was a big heavy beast, but quick.

No I'm not looking for speed, just wanted to make a pass & see what it would do. It's set up for low to midrange torque now, & I'm liking that.

No I'm not looking for speed, just wanted to make a pass & see what it would do. It's set up for low to midrange torque now, & I'm liking that.
I wasn't there any of the times it pulled through. I guess one time it went, his buddy was really hauling some b**** and got messed up pretty good. Bike just needed some forks and a rim and it was back up terrorizing his neighborhood. I guess the dude broke some ribs, his arm and collar bone. If he didn't have gloves and a helmet on, I can imagine it would have been way worse.

Saw carb in action

Attachments

• 20211009_120755.jpg
    20211009_120755.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 79
I'd be in heaven there. I'm a mountain man at heart. Everyone tells me I look like a lumber jack. Would be a great job.
Falling and bucking isn't all that easy, I know too many old fallers with bad backs now. I used to fall back in my teens, it was all piece work, you learned to get it done fast. The saws were heavy and ugly, no safety guards, the ones nowadays are lighter and more powerful, anti-vibe. A 272 or 288 gets the job done quickly. My little 61 is the perfect saw for the older guy, not too heavy, not too light, so you don't spend too much time chewing through a log.
Go on youtube and watch those guys fall the douglas fir.

Falling and bucking isn't all that easy, I know too many old fallers with bad backs now. I used to fall back in my teens, it was all piece work, you learned to get it done fast. The saws were heavy and ugly, no safety guards, the ones nowadays are lighter and more powerful, anti-vibe. A 272 or 288 gets the job done quickly. My little 61 is the perfect saw for the older guy, not too heavy, not too light, so you don't spend too much time chewing through a log.
Go on youtube and watch those guys fall the douglas fir.
I am in no way saying I could do actual do forest falling, I did however cut them down when I was young. I was a bucket guy, cutting limbs though. Was a fun job, saw an fall as I would call it. I yelled " GET THE *CENSORED* OUT OF THE WAY!!!!". Nothing like a 50 foot, 10 foot wide monster. I'm all game to learn how though.

Back