(Chinese) 2-Stroke Ban, and Do We Care?

Do you care about the 2-stroke ban?

• Total voters
I'm not good on finalizing numbers, but ok with principles.

It goes like this,
The current price hikes of fuel for motor cars, might reach a sort critical mass type of thing, which means it will not be so cost effective for Mr and Ms Average with a home loan and a couple of kids to get to work.

If the cost of traveling to work exceeds the benefit of working, then the law will have no use what so ever because if no one is able to get to work, then the govs. lose on income tax revenue.

So let them play with fuel prices all they like till the cows come home, it will eventually cause a type of seizure and society won't be able to budge and dare I say, and maybe not in my life time yet, Anarchy.

What are the govs. going to do then, provide free public transport to get the workers to work and drop them back off home at the door step of their own home, so to continue collecting income tax,to pay for the same public transport that took them to work in the first place ?

Sumwun said, the biggest cost factor in production is transport.
How much does it cost to get a kilo of grapes from the vineyard to the retail grocery, for example ?
This may sound Owellianish, ( I don't read books unless it has something to do with winning lotto btw, but lately lots of reading here !) but I am no doomsayer, I just will not own a car so I don't have to "entertain" the price of fuel. I ride a bike and now it's a HT bike till the law say's I can't, then I still will cos my legs hurt. Jaol me, THANKYOU I'll get fed.
Fine me ? I can't pay, first I eat then maybe I pay my fines if any crumbs are left, if the ants don't get the crumbs first.
Stuff em, it has come to a showdown as far as I an concerned, I have to get my groceries 2 miles down the road one way or another and back again.
All this **** about a good idea being outlawed is from the same line of mongrels who banned motoredcycles at bike shows, now it's back to haunt you !
Man is nomadic by nature.

There are stations that don't sell fuel from oil out of the middle east. I have a list but I don't want to get in trouble posting it up, here but it should not be hard for you to figure out. If we don't buy oil from them they may get the idea or just sell it all to the Chinese. Have fun, Dave

If they ban 2strokers....

If they ban 2strokers, what might be next? We don't need any more laws, just wise choices made by each person.

I have no intention of going to 2stroke engine unless it was free, or it's a Japanese-made like a Tanaka.

I use a 4 cycle partly because it is considered cleaner burning. Some 2 cycles are designed to burn cleaner than older ones and that makes me want to try one of the new Japanese motors. I am not very interested in buying more Chinese stuff than I really need to. I find that it is almost impossible to buy American any more as we have given up making our own stuff. I do think in 100,000 miles of bicycle commuting and racing I have saved a few gallons of gas and made some difference in the cleanness of the air. Cycling may have added to my upper respiratory problems over the years.

Holey SMOKES, Batman! :eek:

They are banning 2-strokers?

Perhaps the cagers will be pacified if better muffler silencers and tiny CATS are developed for the admittedly LOUD engines.

In the eyes of the oil industry the infestation of worried ppl with tiny motored bikes must indeed be a GROWING cancer. *BIGGER is better*. Bugger.

As they waltz their skeletons to their corporate vaults, a small, but growing, annoyance.

"Eradicate 49cc 2-strokers! let them (at least) use "80"cc and eat cake!"

That really strokes me. Lemmesee, who's the real cancer?

*Takes out his electric cycle, and rides for "Miles, and miles, and miles"*

John Glenn sd dat.

Smiles. And smiles. And smiles.

I said that.

Living in a high density area vs a rural area with a low population are two different things. *wink*

That is right OldPete -- up here in the mountains - no one cares about a little noise or dust on the old dirt road --- but - when I am on my MB down in the city -- I wish to stay low keyed -- noise, smoke and riding habits ect.. our image is at stake -- Happy Riding from - Mountainman

EPA 2-stroke kits

HI guys, I have just taken delivery of a few of the new EPA 2-strokes, these are the first 2-strokes I've stocked since the Ban. I honored the ban, tho many did not.

I am currently working on a 49cc 4-stroke kit (reasonable, and legal)) and will be selling the new legal 2-stroke kits, tho I have no real interest in building and riding them as I already have more 4-stroke bikes than I can ride (3) at one time, building another bike seems a bit silly.

Instead, as I sell a few locally, I'll keep in touch with those bikes.

I hope things will get better.

Mike

i think im going to be baned from the sight here soon go to genaral descosin to see why

SO! Does this mean that we need to ban weedeaters, chainsaws, leaf blowers, mowers? How 'bout RC cars, planes, and boats? I suppose I miss-read somewhere in the Bible where the world was going to end by man's greenhouse gasses rather than God with his "hail and brimstone"?

Back