Clutch clutch issues?

MBoogie

Local time
2:06 PM
Two days ago I went to go for a ride, pedaled up to starting speed, it sounded like the motor turned over a couple of times then the back wheel locked up. I've determined that it was not a seized motor. I let the bike sit for an hour or so, went back out and experienced the same thing. I opened up the clutch side of the motor, nothing appeared out of order. I tried again after letting the bike sit in the sun thinking maybe something got wet from the rain from the day before and needed to dry out. I've made about a half dozen attempts with exact same results, motor turns for a second or so then the rear wheel locks up. A small part of me is thinking that it might be something very simple that I'm overlooking; BIG part of me is hoping this is the case! Any advice is appreciated. Ride safe!

how did you determine that it isn't seized? if it was just let the bike sit, that's not going to do it.

Maybe it's just not starting up and you lose momentum and stop. If it turns a couple of times and them locks up as you say it doesn't sound like the motor seized or anything. Check basics, spark, fuel etc.

@butre By letting my bike sit was my way of saying I didn't tamper or adjust anything, to see if the same thing would happen again, which it did. If you have a seized motor the next time you try to start your bike that piston won't move at all. As I was able to repeat the process, obviously the motor is not seized.

@ Nanonevol If I had no spark or fuel that would not allow the motor start, not lock up my rear wheel but when that happens you lose momentum real fast!

first, take out spark plug, then open both the drive cover and the clutch cover - now roll the bike and watch to see where movement stops

Back