Clutch clutch problems please help

clutchs

Well i know what the proper adjustment is on a clutch cable. i wanted to know why it iwas not rolling easy while locked in place.. yes while the clutch is disengaged.. i would adjust the cable and it would work perfect when for a day or so then go back to having to hold it all the way in just to be able to peddle easy. i was not able to peddle with it locked in place without having to fight with it to much.. GEARNUT are you saying it should always have to be held in without being able to lock it in place to peddle easy?

Well, no not really.
I was just trying to cover the basics. At the time I did not know that you are familiar with proper cable tension. Now that I do, I can only surmise that you are experiencing cable stretch, or the cable end at the release arm is slipping?
There really is not much going on inside the release mechanism that could cause what you are experiencing. Now having said that, if for some reason the bucking bar was not tempered correctly at the factory I could see it getting all chewed up and gradually getting shorter. Do you have any odd metal shavings underneath the engine sprocket cover or does the end of the bucking bar look like it has been getting chewed up?
The only other thing I can think of is that somehow the flower nut is not getting locked in place by the lock screw and it is rotating out.

Back