Engine Trouble Clutch wont engage. Need help.

It could be as simple as you didnt shut the gas shut off valve to OFF and its leaning back at an angle.

Or you could have a stuck float thats just allowing the gas to keep flowing which i would check.

Sometimes these floats have a pin hole leak in them that allow the hollow plastic float to fill up with gas, holding the float down and causing the bowl to overfill as well...DAMIEN
How do I check the float. I turned the gas off

How do I check the float. I turned the gas off
You would have to take the carb off the engine and open the float bowl to visually check it.

But first, just try tapping the float bowl with a screwdriver handle to see if it can just be tapped loose first.

To purge it of any excess gas in the bowl once you have shut it off, you should see a screw in the bottom of the bowl on the side facing out to you, just loosen the screw and catch what gas flows out...if the shutoff is totally off it should just dribble out whats left in the bowl...if it keeps flowing, than you havent found the true off postion of the shutoff valve.

It could be as simple as you didnt shut the gas shut off valve to OFF and its leaning back at an angle.

Or you could have a stuck float thats just allowing the gas to keep flowing which i would check.

Sometimes these floats have a pin hole leak in them that allow the hollow plastic float to fill up with gas, holding the float down and causing the bowl to overfill as well...DAMIEN
Just took off the screws, gas spilled out

Got it off without removing carb, this look normal?

Attachments

• 16280375844334435268316656160055.jpg
    16280375844334435268316656160055.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 16280375940071125999702451837340.jpg
    16280375940071125999702451837340.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 139
Got it off without removing carb, this look normal?
Your going to have to take the carb off to reassemble it properly so you can get the float to work correctly...You didnt follow my instructions on this.

I would not have told you to take the carby off if this was not necessary...Your going to mess things up royally if you keep trying to take shortcuts like this.

If there was a shortcut to this, i would have told you that.

I will also tell you straight out that the threaded assembly that goes through the top of the carb is backed waaaay the heck out of the top of the carby...why did you do that ???...all you succeded in doing was to keep the needle valve from holding the float down so its just free floating at will.

He

I will also tell you straight out that the threaded assembly that goes through the top of the carb is backed waaaay the heck out of the top of the carby...why did you do that ???...all you succeded in doing was to keep the needle valve from holding the float down so its just free floating at will.
Idk me and my dad made it he did that

Back