Crimped Fuel Line

I find that internal fuel filters tend to clog easy. I just use an inline filter.
Yeah I took out my petcock filter too, I clogged once so I took it out, Now no surprises
I just change the inline pancake filter once a year. I got 10 for $10,
Tip: don't leave your gas funnel laying around in the garage it can fill with dust, Cover when not in use

Attachments

• DSCF2728.JPG
    DSCF2728.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF2738.JPG
    DSCF2738.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF2742.JPG
    DSCF2742.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 63
...does anyone really think the tiny little particulates that MAY get in to your gas tank is going to bother these motors? Pffft...

We could run these things without a filter at all... with little to no worry. But we don't. Why? Because a buck of prevention... even though it's likely not really doing a darn thing...

...does anyone really think the tiny little particulates that MAY get in to your gas tank is going to bother these motors? Pffft...

We could run these things without a filter at all... with little to no worry. But we don't. Why? Because a buck of prevention... even though it's likely not really doing a darn thing...
Or, and hear me out because it's a radical thought, we don't want to have to pull the carb to clean it out every other day as particles get lodged into teeny tiny jet openings.

As far as the engines and particulates. My phantom came with more stuff in the crankcase than will probably ever pass through my fuel system. So... I actually do agree with you a little bit lol.

Something I always wanted to try just for the fun of it was to install a sediment trap style fuel filter. I just never thought it would work out all that well on a bike for a few reasons.

I've been doing this for years now, even with the stock gas tanks, I just make sure they are completely clean before ever using them.

I also make sure that my gas jerry jugs are actually stored in a cabinet where there is no dust, dirt, etc. that can get on the nozzle and have a mesh filter attached before pouring gas into tank...I haven't had any clogs or problems in all these years now...I do take it out once a year to check it and have not found any particulates accumulate on that internal filter whatsoever, so I guess I am doing something right...lol.
I don't have anywhere but my shed to store my gas, so it gets dirty.

I couldn't even let my bike sit for 5 minutes before my carb is dirty. I live in a dust bowl and dust storms are frequent. The amount of dust that gets on everything is crazy

I couldn't even let my bike sit for 5 minutes before my carb is dirty. I live in a dust bowl and dust storms are frequent. The amount of dust that gets on everything is crazy
It's the same here in the high desert...Thats why my bike is sitting in my parlor and the gas is in jerry jugs in a cabinet in my spare room in order to avoid all the dust and crap floating around...lol.

It's the same here in the high desert...Thats why my bike is sitting in my parlor and the gas is in jerry jugs in a cabinet in my spare room in order to avoid all the dust and crap floating around...lol.
There's that "parlor" again 😆

A cabinet and "parlor" is definitely more dust proof than just the door to my shed

There's the "parlor" again 😆
YEP...lol...I was born and raised as a "proper" Bostonian...lol...From South Boston that is, (Southie)

There are only four types of people that come out of Southie...criminals, priests, politicians, and cops...lol...Thats why the movie, The Departed, was made, it showcases alot of truth of my old stomping grounds...I actually knew "Whitey Bulger" and his assistant, "Kevin Weeks"...lol.

Back