Dang it! This sounds expensive!

Don't know if you saw, but I'm not the OP. Just wanted to show my cylinder that failed in the same way, and if anyone has recommendations on how to prevent it. They do make flex hones in 52mm. Maybe that would smooth out the port edges?
You DO NOT want to damage that ceramic lining in that cylinder, a honer would file all that away as well.
Like Damien said, do not hone it, it will destroy the lining and render the cylinder unusable.

But for future reference in case you ever get somthing iron sleeved you can get what is called a "brake cylinder hone" and it will do bores this size.

You can actually hone the cylinder, but it is a risky proposition. They are honed from the factory.

Need a 52mm flex hone, they exist for the cr125. This one.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You can actually hone the cylinder, but it is a risky proposition. They are honed from the factory.

Need a 52mm flex hone, they exist for the cr125. This one.
I figured that the ceramic is very hard and wouldn't sand off easy, but would hopefully take off any burrs. I didn't consider how thick the ceramic is though.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I figured that the ceramic is very hard and wouldn't sand off easy, but would hopefully take off any burrs. I didn't consider how thick the ceramic is though.
The ceramic is very hard. The risk is around the port edges and potentially delaminating the ceramic liner if it has any damage or a weak adhesion to the aluminum under it.

The position of the upper transfers and width of the intake port inside the cylinder makes that a V2 top end. Have a picture of the piston, specifically the windows?
You maybe right. I thought the eBay post said v3 but it does not. Here’s a pic of piston

Attachments

• IMG_6549.jpeg
    IMG_6549.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 60
Yep...That is no newer than V-2...I can't tell ya if V-1 was the same or not though.
If I order a new cylinder and piston, is that going to be v3
The position of the upper transfers and width of the intake port inside the cylinder makes that a V2 top end. Have a picture of the piston, specifically the windows?
how can you tell? It looks the same as the add on their website?

Are there any other options to fixing besides phantom top end?

Back