Do Motoredbikes belong on bike paths?

Should Motoredbicyclists ride on Bile Paths

• Total voters
I voted no assuming the question is asking about using MBs on bike paths with the motor running. Without the motor, no problem of course and that makes a great case for a bike that easily freewheels.

and let's face the facts
just from what we read ((some)) here on site
would not know how to act right on the trails if permitted to access
speeding by people ? running into people ?? excessive noise ??
just to name a few -- the list goes on and on
MM

I'm with MM on this, and would guess we share the same concerns that we all get to continue to keep riding that THING.

yes -- HV -- to keep our right to ride those MB things

I'm with MM on this, and would guess we share the same concerns that we all get to continue to keep riding that THING.

yes -- sad to say -- just don't see all MB riders acting right on bike paths if allowed

interesting fact shone here in this thread
almost half of MB riders say no to riding on bicycle paths
even MB riders say no !!
so just from this we may figure that -- the general public will also say no

as that sweet Lady Nancy Reagan said -- "just say no"

ride that thing -- while not -- disturbing others...

Hooooold on thar Babba Louie...
I live in Brooklyn N.Y., one of THE most dangerous riding enviorments in the world. I see riders get wiped every day on these streets by careless motorists in a big hurry to get to the next red light.

We also have the Belt Parkway Promenade...
5 1/2 miles from end to end skirting Graves End Bay from Coney Island, along the Narrows, under the Verazano Bridge, and into Bay Ridge.
(from there on out you take your chances on the surface streets to make the the next 12 miles into Manhattan in one piece)

Why not take advantage of a safe clear road?

Think about it... 5 1/2 miles of fairly well maintained, level, two lane black top of gentle curves, smooth well graded rises, and the majesty of one of the greatest bridges in the world, as well as very nice sea side views.This runs got a 2 mile straight!... if the winds right... its motorbike heaven!

The few times I've broken the magic 40 mark its been with a stiff tail wind out on the promenade.
I'm all for safety, I wear a helmet, and glasses and gloves, I have a very good loud horn and a halogen light set that can burn the paint off the back of a ford van at 50 yards.
I yield to pedestrians and faster bike traffic.( lol... as if! )

On occasion it has been my great pleasure to blow past some cleat shod spandex wearing bike snob riding a $5000 dollar bike at like 20 mph over his top maintainable speed... they pump their fists, they throw me the "bird".(how rude!)
WE ALL RIDE BIKES...If your considerate and careful, theirs no reason you cant share a nice bike path with non powered bikes.

A little consideration and restraint is all that's required.(and a good quite muffler)

Shiny side up, rubber side down, make sure your brakes are in good shape and watch out for the boys in blue.

Tommy M.

My wife still hates my bike!

spandex ones on bicycles have much pull

On occasion it has been my great pleasure to blow past some cleat shod spandex wearing bike snob riding a $5000 dollar bike at like 20 mph over his top maintainable speed... they pump their fists, they throw me the "bird".(how rude!)

Tommy M.

don't think you will be passing them with that speed for long
you may just run into one in spandex on a bike -- off duty pooolice officer
don't be surprized if they pull you right off your MB -- maybe a Rodney King THING

passing bicycles at like 20 mph over their top maintainable speed
is one very good reason -- most states do not want us on bike paths or trails

you have proven our point well -- as Elvis said - thank you thank you thank you very much

ride that THING in a safe manner -- please

Pffffffttt, bike paths are for weenies. Get some spandex short pants if you can't hack it out on the open road with us men.

Disclaimer: The above is strictly intended as humor. Any attempt to take it seriously or misconstrue it as serious, as most content in the internet, is done so at the readers own risk.

?pfffft?

NEVER! death before spandex!, lol... and that goes for those ***** little shoes as well.
Just kidding... to each his own I guess, theres room for all in our sport, so weather it be nylon and toe clips with riser bars or spandex and cleats down on the drops...we can still manage to get along...
I've never hit another biker... i did manage to once score an ill timed shopping cart... does that count?
Now... were was that site with those 110 cc centrifical clutched 4 strokes?....Hmmmm.
Tommy M. :helmet:

My wife still REALLY hates my bike.

don't think you will be passing them with that speed for long
you may just run into one in spandex on a bike -- off duty pooolice officer
don't be surprized if they pull you right off your MB -- maybe a Rodney King THING

passing bicycles at like 20 mph over their top maintainable speed
is one very good reason -- most states do not want us on bike paths or trails

you have proven our point well -- as Elvis said - thank you thank you thank you very much

ride that THING in a safe manner -- please

Um... yeah... do me a favor and lighten up... it was ment as a joke...and i usualy only pull those kinds of revs at a late hour when all good P.C. bike weenies should be safe at home, trying to figure out how be holier than thou.

I'm taking the bike path and I am going to be running the gas motor not pedaling. I might go 2mph, maybe a little faster if I can see way down the path and it is empty. True the bike can do more than that and on the side of a good road I am going to go as fast as I feel safe going to keep myself from getting killed by a motorist.

If one more aa!$!^& trys to purposely run me off the road I will figure out how to mount a paint ball cannon on the front of my bike and back it up with a 9mm. Probably not but I do feel like it.

we should be allowed on bike paths, after all we are riding a bicycle, arent we?

my mb has a bugle horn on it. its pretty hard to not hear an engine plus this coming towards you, and most pf the people i encounter on the path here on ontario are respectable to first wtf, then see me and move over! i putt put past them and once im clear of their group i continue on. NP. Now, to those who perhaps fogg right along on the paths, shame on you. It isnt a road its a path. no room to go wfo! but going the same maximum speed as a regular bike should be it.
my vote, we are allowed on paths but we should be respectable of the o2 powered folks lol
-dave

Last edited:
Back